Tinker table tools

Today in the Discovery room we have been learning what we can do with our tools. We have different stages of development and have experimented with resources that give the children their own challenges which helps them all build their confidence and self-esteem.

The children have worked well together as they discussed the different ways they could use the tools. “I am very strong “. While using the tools the children are developing their fine motor skills and hand and eye co-ordination skills.

We had fun finding out which resource was the hardest and which one was easier to hammer or screw in nails . “ I can hammer in nails they look like a face”

With a little help we were able to saw the cardboard tube into pieces this was a bit tricky. We did remember our safety rules  “ I will keep my fingers over here”

As always at Cartmill we like to recycle as many materials as possible and after removing all the nails from our pumpkins we chopped them into pieces and decided to give them to birds for lunch.

We look forward to our next introduction to new tools and equipment and what we can build.