Support

You may have a problem using Glow Blogs or think you have found a problem or bug. For help with using glow Blogs see below.

Reporting Bugs and Problems

If you think you have found an issue or problem with the blog service it is worth looking at out Known Issues
New Issues & Workarounds.

If you need to report an issue you need raise it through your Local Authority with the RM help desk.

Reporting Problems – Details

• It can help or Support and Developer Team if you take screenshots of problems that you find.
  • It is also a good idea to include the URL (web address) of the blog you have an issue with.
  • Finnaly if you know the opperating system (eg Windows 7), browser (e=g Chrome 30) and  versions if you know them these can help.

If you do not know how to take a screenshot  you might find http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ or WordPress.com’s Advice helpful.

Support with Using Glow Blogs

If you need help with any aspect of using Glow Blogs you may find information here that will help. The search facility may be useful.

If you do not find what you want we will try and answer any comments here promptly. It may help other users if you find an appropriate post or page to add your comment, as hopefully any answer will be a resource for other users too.

Alternatively fill in this form and we will get back to you via email.

We can’t help with general Glow questions or questions about username and passwords. You can find help for other glow services on Help with Glow – Glow Connect (Accounts and passwords)

Please double check your email address in the form, it is easy to make a mistake, and then we cannot get back to you.

71 thoughts on “Support”

1. Hi John,

We are in the process of creating a Blog to act as our main school website. https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/gc/ndhs

Over the next few weeks I intend to add enough content to go live so to speak. The site is already public and we have another site that is currently live. My question is really related to how I can add meta data such as keywords and descriptions. Is it possible for me to access the HTML that lies behind the site as an Admin user?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Kane
    Notre Dame High Glasgow

1. Hi Joe,
      At the moment it is not possible to edit the meta data. If you use the Jetpack plugin and the social module you will get Open Graph tags added that will be used by Twitter and some other app. It may be that we can add this functionality to Glow Blogs at some point via a plugin if this would be useful. That will require finding a suitable one and testing it for functionality, performance & security so will not be quick.

1. Hi John,

Thanks, when I take a look at the source code for a site like Lourdes Secondary School in Glasgow there is meta data present. Is it possible that Glow Blogs will add this in the background without the blog creator doing anything?

Thanks

Joe

2. I have just created a website for our school via the glow blog. It displays fine on laptop and ipad but on mobile phones you cannot access any further than the first stage of a menu. eg if you click Parents on the menu bar you cannot then see the menu items associated with this. How do I fix this?

Thanks
    Fiona

1. Hi Fiona,
      If you press the down arrow rather than the name of the menu it should open the sub menus. I’ve tested your site, briefly, on my phone and it seems to work as expected. I hope this helps.

Cheers

John

3. Hi,

I believe there is a problem with any Glow blog that uses the ‘Yoko’ theme. I am trying to set the tag on the page using the normal way, through settings on the dashboard. This does not update the tag for this theme (It displays correctly in other themes).

As a result the tab in a web browser does not show the proper

I realise this is a minor issue, but would be nice to have a fix.

Thanks,

David