How To

These pages will provide help in getting started with your blog.

How To

Settings

How To Downloads MS docx

You can also find the downloads on the individual pages here.

To be updated.

How To Downloads PDF

To be updated.

16 thoughts on “How To”

1. Hi Russell,
    At the moment the blog deleting does not always work.
    https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/glowblogs/glowbloghelp/faq/known-issues/

To delete it you need t oset an admin email address in the Dashboard:
    settings->General.
    Once you have confirmed that you need to delete the blog in
    Settings-> Delete blog and confim that from email.

I’ve had a bit of trouble with emails not getting to my inbox, in that case, if you really want it deleted now you can raise a call through your key contact to the RM help desk who will arrange for it to be deleted.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

2. Hi,

I cannot update or post any new content such as text or media. I can create a new post but it only allows me to update the Title. Any text put into the main post disappears once I click publish or update.

Can you offer any advice?

Thanks.

3. Hi Kev,
    At a guess I say you are using Internet Explorer. As we are still using WordPress 2.9.2 it does not work well with newer versions of Internet Explorer. If this is the case if you turn on compatibility mode for the Glow Scotland domain in IE that should fix things.

Let me know how you get on.

4. Hi John,

That seems to have sorted it for me. I will have a go with the pupils next week and see if it solves it for them.

Thanks!

Kev

5. Hi,
    I am just wondering how to find where you can change the colour of the font in the blog. is the option to change the colour dependant on the theme that is being used?
    Thanks,
    Chris

1. Hi,
      You can use an RSS reader to follow any blogs RSS feed, but there is not inbuilt follow in the version of WordPress we are using currently. We hope to develop some tools for this in Phase 3 of the blogs project in 2015.

1. Hi Emily,
      The Glow Blogs West Lothian list is made up of the 40 most recently update public blogs.
      So to get onto the list you need a public blog and to update it. you will then stay on the list until three are 40 West Lothian blogs that have been updated after your last update.

1. Hi Caroline,
      i just did that this minute on the home page of this blog.

In the post editor, just post the URL to a video page on Vimeo or YouTube on its own line. You do not need the embed code, just the URL.

6. Thank you. Was trying to do it with the link but deleting the s of https as we had to do in the old version of wordpress. This will be easier for the children as they can just cut and paste the link without any editing.

1. Hi Jennifer,
      It looks like we have lost the ability to embed vokis in the blogs now we use WordPress 4
      I’ll ask the developers if we can get this facility back or if there is a workaround and let you know.