Glow Blogs are WordPress sites that let you create both private and public facing websites and blogs.
A Glow Blog is is easy to keep up to date without any knowledge of html through a web based interface.
Glow Blogs are used for School Websites, class blogs, project sites, e-Portfolios and a whole lot more.
WordPress powers more than 43% of the web — a figure that rises every day. Everything from simple websites, to blogs, to complex portals and enterprise websites, and even applications, are built with WordPress.WordPress Features
- A blog is an easily up-datable page or set of pages on the web.
- It can be updated without any knowledge of html through a web based interface.
- No software is needed other than a web browser.
- A traditional blog consist in the main of a series of articles, the most recent at the top. You can now use WordPress to create all sorts of other websites too.
- Previous articles are archived and can be searched.
- In addition the articles are available as a RSS feed.
From wikipedia –
A blog (a portmanteau of web log) is a website where entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. “Blog” can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (artlog), photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), music (MP3 blog), audio (podcasting) and are part of a wider network of social media. Micro-blogging is another type of blogging which consists of blogs with very short posts.
More definitions on define:weblog – Google Search