Things to think about
Before you set up a site you might want to think about some of the following:
- Roles members of your blog can have different roles, these role affect what they can do. Glow Blogs different from standard WordPress roles as there are some difference between teachers and pupils. For example a pupil cannot make a blog public.
- Privacy levels Blog can be Public, Glow Only or Private
- Internet safety: 360 degree safe and Thinkuknow are good places to find out more.
- Comments, can be a great way to engage readers or inspire writers, but make sure you understand the way comments and moderation work.
- Posts vs pages this is an important concept to understand if you are creating a more complex site, for example a School Website or resource centre.