Primary 7B have had yet another busy week at school! Our Prefect Rotas have been put in place and some of the children have had the opportunity to carry out a range of jobs throughout the school. Thank you for all of your hard work!
In class we have:
- Investigated the short e sound in spelling.
- Revised and consolidated decimal fractions, looking at tenths and hundredths. We have also continued to look at lines of symmetry in complex shapes and patterns.
- Studied a piece of descriptive writing and examined it’s key features. We had a go at writing our own descriptive writing piece on the role of Firefighters.
- Continued our Novel Study, Divided City, and have had time to carryout our own research on a theme in the novel that interests us. Some of us have chosen religion, football or asylum seekers for example.
- Looked at the work of Glasgow artist, Charles Rennie MacIntosh, and planning a piece of art which we will share with you next week.
- Talked about the SHANARRI indicators in Health and Wellbeing and how these apply to us every day.
- Watched our first school assembly of the year and were reminded of Skipper and the tools he uses to help him to be resilient.
Consider the points below and leave a comment:
1. What did I enjoy learning about most this week? Why?
2. What would you like to learn more about over the next few weeks?
3. Which tools from Skipper’s toolkit did you use this week?
4. Did you help a classmate or pupil in the school this week? How did you help them and how did it make you feel afterwards?