We had some great weather earlier in the week so we have enjoyed doing some of our learning outside. We have been learning about compass points and bearings following on from our work on Angles.
What else have we been up to this week?
- Analysing a descriptive text and revising our knowledge of effective vocabulary.
- Investigating other graphemes that make the short e sound in spelling
- Reading more of our novel Wonder and exploring the music associated with some of the chapters. We had a great discussion about Space Oddity by David Bowie followed by a look at a Picture book version and then a fun table quiz
- Consolidating our knowledge of Place Value and Addition strategies in Numeracy
- Investigating the angles in triangles and using what we found to calculate missing angles
- We started a piece of Art linked to our novel study, description writing and Health & Wellbeing. We look forward to sharing these soon.
- We watched a virtual assembly which reminded us about Building Resilience and the tools in Skipper’s toolkit.
- Some of us started Prefect Duties and the rest of us are looking forward to ours over the next fortnight.
Time for Reflection
- When did you make a good decision this week?
- What would you change if you had the opportunity?
- Name one thing you are proud of this week.