First Week Back – P7B

It has been lovely to welcome everyone back after the Easter break. This is our final term of P7…and at Kingsland!  We will be spending a lot of time this term preparing for the transition up to High School. Please do get in touch if you have any further questions or anything you would like to discuss. The link below will take you directly to the PHS website: http://peebleshighschool.org.uk/

This week we have been:

• Revising the oi and oy sound in spelling through a range ofactivities in class.
  • Continuing with our comprehension work. This week we studied a passage from ‘On the Island’ by Iain Crichton Smith which contained a lot of rich descriptive language to add effect.
  • In reading, we have also started exploring the concepts of Theme and Genre. We enjoyed reading the book ‘Gorilla’ by Anthony Browne and working in our table groups to determine the themes of the book and to find evidence to support our choices.

• We have started looking at Response Writing this term as our writing focus. We discussed The Starry Nigh by Van Gogh and wrote a piece of writing together as our response to the painting.
  • In maths, we have been practising multiplication and division in different contexts. All of the work we have put in throughout the year on number bonds and multiplication facts has helped to improve our speed and accuracy.
  • We have continued to learn about volume, converting ml to l and vice versa.
  • Everyone has been excited to start our ‘Through the Decades’ topic and we have been allocated the 1980S! We have started by learning about some of the key events and worked in groups to help to create a chronological timeline . Some of the events we have researched include Chernobyl, the Hillsborough attack and the Falklands War. We have also looked at some of the technology that was invented and became more readily available in the 1980s.
  • In PE, we have enjoyed some brilliant athletics sessions with Mrs Edge outside.

Reflection Questions: 

1. Which challenges are you most looking forward to this term?

2. What tools from your toolkit can you use when you find something difficult? Think of an example of when you have used this strategy?

3. Write about something you have done this week to make Kingsland a better place.

22 thoughts on “First Week Back – P7B”

1. Going to Dulgise I think will be a good Challenge
    In math if I find something hard I tack a moment
    I have helped my friends in maths

2. Going to Dulgise I think will be a good Challenge
    I have helped my friends in maths

3. Im excited for Dalguise and the stuff in it and especially leaving primary school

Probably s.n.o.t

I helped olly😀 with maths

4. The challenges that am looking forward to this term is the 2 day high school visit in June.
    The tools in my tool kit I use is take a moment when we were doing our maths assessment.
    This week i helped a p4 who had fallen over.

5. This year I’m looking forward to dalguise hopefully it will be something different and fun .I enjoyed reading about the Iran Iraq was this week for my speech for my class .

6. I am most looking forward for Dalguise this term and doing fin things with my friends.

The tools from my toolkit I use are to get active.

This week I have made sure that I have picked up all of my litter.

7. I’m looking forward to dalguise

Probably S.N.O.T because stuck on maths and asked the person next to me .

Helped people with their work.

8. 1. Im looking forward to dalguise I think it’s going to be fun
    2.ask an adult
    3. I try to be kind to everyone,even if that person isn’t the kindest

9. 1. This term I am looking forward to going to dalguise.

2. I find going over the question again helps.

3. I tried really hard in spots hall training this week.

10. 1.I’m looking forward to dalguise
    2.example in maths i write out your workings to get the answer
    3.I helped someone in maths cause they were stuck on a question
    🌮

11. The challenges I am looking forward to is more P.E.

The tools I will use is take a break

I represented kingsland at netball at the high school

12. 1. I am looking forward to the challenges in the two day visit because it will be a new experience.

2. I found the maths hard so I asked the teacher and she talked me through it and I managed it better after that.

3. Working on are 80s poster on band aid contributed to the class and the group.

13. Daulguise getting to know people better. Respect yourself and keep connected . Put full effort in all my work

14. 1. I’m looking forward to the challenges at Dalguise .
    2. When I find math hard I ask for help Using S.N.O.T – Self, Neighbour, Other, Teacher.
    3. Sometimes I’ve been doing some of my work.

15. The challenge I am looking forward most this term is going to high school. You can use the tool ‘take a moment’ for when things are a bit overwhelming. This week I have helped open the new swap and share with mrs brown and other people in pupil council.

16. I am most looking forward to finding out who is in the Beltane court and going to dalguise.

You can use the tool “take a moment “ when things get tough.

I have helped people in spelling.