It has been lovely to welcome everyone back after the Easter break. This is our final term of P7…and at Kingsland! We will be spending a lot of time this term preparing for the transition up to High School. Please do get in touch if you have any further questions or anything you would like to discuss. The link below will take you directly to the PHS website: http://peebleshighschool.org.uk/
This week we have been:
- Revising the oi and oy sound in spelling through a range ofactivities in class.
- Continuing with our comprehension work. This week we studied a passage from ‘On the Island’ by Iain Crichton Smith which contained a lot of rich descriptive language to add effect.
- In reading, we have also started exploring the concepts of Theme and Genre. We enjoyed reading the book ‘Gorilla’ by Anthony Browne and working in our table groups to determine the themes of the book and to find evidence to support our choices.
- We have started looking at Response Writing this term as our writing focus. We discussed The Starry Nigh by Van Gogh and wrote a piece of writing together as our response to the painting.
- In maths, we have been practising multiplication and division in different contexts. All of the work we have put in throughout the year on number bonds and multiplication facts has helped to improve our speed and accuracy.
- We have continued to learn about volume, converting ml to l and vice versa.
- Everyone has been excited to start our ‘Through the Decades’ topic and we have been allocated the 1980S! We have started by learning about some of the key events and worked in groups to help to create a chronological timeline . Some of the events we have researched include Chernobyl, the Hillsborough attack and the Falklands War. We have also looked at some of the technology that was invented and became more readily available in the 1980s.
- In PE, we have enjoyed some brilliant athletics sessions with Mrs Edge outside.
1. Which challenges are you most looking forward to this term?
2. What tools from your toolkit can you use when you find something difficult? Think of an example of when you have used this strategy?
3. Write about something you have done this week to make Kingsland a better place.