Links

Maths

Images for your blogs, presentations etc.

Remember you should NOT just google for pictures. You need to find out if you are allowed to use the pictures. Even if you can you might have to add attribution. Attribution is where you tell who took the photo and how it is licensed.

Our Photos

Remember don’t put photos of people that they would not like to be seen and do not identify yourself or other classmates.

Banton Birthday You need to log on to glow.

Learning Links

Other School Blogs

It is good to find out what other children are doing by reading their blogs. You could leave them a comment, and take a note to tell our class about interesting posts.

You can see what is happening in North Lanarkshire schools: Glow Blogs – North Lanarkshire

Some schools across Scotland are sharing here: Share Our Learning/

And here are some other small schools:

Burravoe Primary School in Shetland, is smaller than Banton Primary!

How To Write A Great Comment – Tips

Start with a greeting Remember to address the blogger by name.

Compliment in a Specific Way A compliment is a great way to begin a comment. Remember to comment about something specific. Rather than writing ‘I really liked your post,’ you could write ‘I really liked your vivid description of the setting, it made me feel like I was there.’

Add New Facts If you know something about the topic, you can add more factual information in your comment.

Make a Connection What does the post remind you of? Try to make a connection to yourself, to the world or to another text. For example, you could write ‘your post reminded me of when I went to India last year.’

End with a Question Try to start a conversation. Ask the blogger a relevant question and hopefully they will reply.

Proofread Your Comment When you blog, many people may be reading your posts and comments, so it is very important to proofread.

from: How to write a good comment › Merrydale Junior School