April 28, 2017
by Caroline Breyley
0 comments

Jennifer and John’s Lambing Shed

This morning we walked down to see the ewes and lambs in Jennifer and John’s lambing shed; they have been very busy for the last few nights as there have been ewes they have had to help lamb and a lot of twins! These lambs were born during the night or this morning. On the walk back to school we saw a ewe which had just given birth to twins in the park.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

April 28, 2017
by Lily Smith

Glasgow Science

my favourite machine to look at was the Ten Year Time machine it showed you your face if you smoked in ten years time. I don’t want to get wrinkles on my face so I am not going to smoke or drink.  I i liked when we put all thy things into the brain.

April 28, 2017
by Alice Coutts
0 comments

Glasgow Science visit

Yesterday the Glasgow science center  came to visit we talked about body parts and we talked about food. and we put food in a bag we put soup in the bag and we put mashed potato in the bag and we put brown sauce and we put tomato sauce in the bag and we put cornflakes in the bag.we got to squeeze the food up and then it looked all scrunched up and it was a brown colour she showed us how food looks in side your belly. my favourite thing was the memory test you had to tap the colour that lights up.

March 30, 2017
by Neil Arthur
0 comments

Hinduism

We had learned about Hinduism. We made our own gods. Me, Phoebe, Emer and Alice did Vishnu. We looked at research about Vishnu. Me, Emer, Alice coloured Vishnu blue and Phoebe did Vishnu’s Jewellery and Golden Dress. We also did the story of Rama and Sita. We put together the story in the right order. We had to decide what we were going to do. We made a puppet show. We made puppets. I made Rama and the king. Sonia made the script for the Puppet show. Then Rosie filmed the Puppet show.

March 30, 2017
by Abby Taylor
0 comments

Bowls

Yesterday we went to a bowls competition at the Lerwick Clickimin. There were 12 teams at the bowls competition. We played five games of bowls. Out of the five of them we won 2, we won against Whiteness School and Bells Brae. We were going well until we had our snack then all the other matches we played we lost and we didn’t get into the finals of the bowls competition but that was okay because we gave it our best shot. The teams that did get into the finals were Whiteness and Sound School. Whiteness came runners up and Sound School won the bowls competition.

March 27, 2017
by Alice Coutts

Shelly

Me and Rachel played with Shelly. Shelly was outside and playing with Shally and Shilly outside and then they saw more shells. The shells were different than them they looked at the shells the shells looked like they had been there all the time. The shells were limpet shells Rachel and I picked the shells up and put them inside  the shell box and then we put the other shells in the shell box. The shell box is a big box with a lid and it is kept on the window sill so they would be safe.

March 20, 2017
by Rosie Lyth
0 comments

The Film Crew

On Wednesday the film crew came to the school. First they filmed us eating our lunch and they interviewed us at the table when they did that then I felt kind of dizzy for some reason. Then we gave them a tour of the school and we showed them our drawings for the John Byrne drawing competition. Then Phoebe got a turn on the camera then Mojo got to sit on Phoebe’s head.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

March 20, 2017
by Abby Taylor
0 comments

Gloop

In after school club we made gloop. We made it with cornflour and water. when you put pressure on it is a solid and when you didn’t it turned into slime. When we made it we were in pairs I was in a pair with Rosie. We dyed our gloop blue like quite dark blue. The purpose of making the gloop was to make it dance but we tried it and it didn’t work it was meant to dance if you put it on a speaker with music but it didn’t. The funny thing was that at the end of after school club our hands were stained blue!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

March 20, 2017
by Hannah Hay
0 comments

Ice Hands

On Tuesday Lily, Alice and I made Ice hands. the first thing you have to do to make it is get a dentist glove, put Water in it, tie it up, put it in the Freezer, let it freeze and its ready! And after we took it out  then we cut of the glove off and after lunch we came back from playtime and they had melted! I learned not to touch frozen things that just came out of the freezer.

March 20, 2017
by Neil Arthur
0 comments

Walk to the Pier with Mojo

We went for a walk at the Burravoe pier. We also looked at the frog spawn. I liked looking at the frog spawn. We took pictures of his journey with the Shetland animals. We went to the fishing boats. Emer and Mara went to the gate of the Manor house. We took a picture in front of the Burravoe toilets. We went to take pictures with a boats. We went to Brian’s scallop boat and The Corvus, an fishing boat.

March 20, 2017
by Sonia Poniecka
0 comments

Science in After School Club

On Friday after school Neil and I, spotted a toy submarine in the science cupboard, on the box it said that it was powered by baking soda. So we took out the mini submarine, and read the instructions. First we took the cap off the submarine, and tipped some baking soda into the small open chamber. When the chamber was full we pressed the cap on. the next part of the instructions was to, dip the submarine in a large bucket of water and shake it wildly, then we let it go, firstly the submarine sank to the bottom of the bucket. But suddenly bubbles started to come from the submarines direction. Then the submarine started to float back up to the surface of the water. Then the submarine tilted and sunk back down again. I learned that it was caused because, the water was reacting with baking soda that made gas, that’s why there was gas bubbles coming from the submarine.

March 20, 2017
by Mara Bordeianu
0 comments

Ten Pieces Ballet Dance

This Saturday I went to dance for the BBC Ten Pieces  I got petrified .I thought I was going to mess it all up. It was  scary. It worked out all right though because I copied my partener we got a lot of claps. I enjoyed it.It was scary but fun. There was 1 boy and all the rest were girls.I went home after the performance,with my mum, my dad and Gordon.