April 23, 2021
by Mrs Hay
0 comments

CRIS award

Its been a super end to the week with the news we have gained our special recognition badge from Digital School Awards for Cyber Resilience and Internet Safety.

After spending a LOT of the last year learning from home, we decided we really needed to complete this part of our digital journey as a school. All pupils joined in preparing presentations on different aspects and shared them  during our virtual validation visit on Wednesday.

Go to this Sway

We were delighted to get our report back  so quickly on Thursday telling us we had achieved the standard required!

April 23, 2021
by Filip Poniecki
0 comments

The dog 

One night the clock ticked 11:00 I was not supposed to go out after 7:00 and not supposed to look out of the window after 9:00 so let’s just forget about going outside but 2 minutes later I was outside in a pitch-black night. Searching for something but not knowing what for. I got closer to something… something breathing and alive as it let out a pitful howl I didn’t scream but I ran back home but it followed me, so I just jumped into my bed and fell asleep. 

The end 

April 14, 2021
by Mrs Hay

Polycrub!

Steven Gifford has now completed our amazing polycrub, and we get to start planting and using it!

We were very luck to get funding for the polycrub from #CCAF through Keep Scotland Beautiful.

Not only did we get the funding to buy the kit, but also to have it built!

So far we have sweetcorn and cucumbers started, and are getting our beds filled for planting up more soon.

March 24, 2021
by Rachel Coutts
0 comments

T rex presentation

I did a T rex presentation.

Here is the link to it.

https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/docx/viewer/teams/https:~2F~2Fglowscotland.sharepoint.com~2Fsites~2FBurravoePSe-SgoilSTEM~2FShared%20Documents~2FGeneral~2FAlive%204%20Presentation%20Research%20Grid%20-%20Copy%20Rachel.docx?threadId=19:c78e82f06a9c465abe5d16f60dab2290@thread.tacv2&baseUrl=https:~2F~2Fglowscotland.sharepoint.com~2Fsites~2FBurravoePSe-SgoilSTEM&fileId=1b199078-6a61-49dc-adb8-40b75e8433b0&ctx=files&rootContext=items_view&viewerAction=view

March 23, 2021
by Mrs Hay
0 comments

Easter Bonnets

As part of our learning about Easter, we made Easter Bonnets!

We used flowers, ribbons and hats. First we designed them after we looked and the resources we had. We had to stick the flowers on by sewing or weaving them in. It was tricky.

March 17, 2021
by Filip Poniecki
1 Comment

100

One day day a man woke up to full sunshine. He was surprised how light it was. But something was shining, Outside. John (the man) jumped out of bed and ran through the wall. Falling face first into the sand (he lived in a desert) but the shining thing he saw was a crack in the sand. He walked down the narrow passage the wall was carved in sand. At last, the passage finished and there lay a bronze scarecrow a storm came he heard some rumbling then a stream of lightning came down and broke the scarecrow.

The end

March 17, 2021
by Rachel Coutts
1 Comment

The scarecrow

Once there was a scarecrow that lived in a park. Everybody wanted to see this scarecrow, so everybody kept going to the park, so there was a problem. There is the scarecrow! Said a man. He looks like He’s made from brass! Said a very posh lady. Everybody stayed there for 8 HOURS! So at MIDNIGHT, they left. So, he ran away, bought the £10.00 House next door to the park. So, in the morning, everybody came again and looked at the place where Fred was. Then everybody started screaming and saying: 

ARRAH! THE SCARECROW IS GONE!  

March 3, 2021
by Mrs Hay
0 comments

e-Sigol STEM online

We have been taking part in the e-sigol STEM activities, with Gail MacVicker.

Today we planned and set up our experiments for testing fertilisers.

We will try egg shells, coffee grinds, grass cuttings, tea leaves and carrot peelings. We had a think about all the things we needed to keep the same, and that the only thing we wanted to be different was the fertiliser.

Preparing our fertilisers.

Weighing our soil so all the pots are the same.

Measuring our water so they all get the same.

February 24, 2021
by Mrs Hay

The Disappearing Girl

One day a girl called Elsie went into a factory of powers. She saw all the people making all the different types of powers. She was very curious what would happen if she drank one of that powers. So, she drank one. “I feel a bit different” she said, and she went home nobody seeing her. When she got home, her mum said: “Elsie! Time for dinner!” her mum looked everywhere and said “but where did she go? She shouted. “Mum!” “I am right over here!” She said and touched her head, so she wasn’t invisible anymore.

February 24, 2021
by Mrs Hay
0 comments

100 word challenge – week 22

Yesterday when we were going outside for playtime, I wanted to check on Chirpy and Barbara, the school hens. When I got to the run, I waited for Chirpy to come out, but only Barbara did!

I was very confused to I shut the door of the house so that Barbara couldn’t escape and opened the back door to find Chirpy. But she wasn’t there!

“But where did it go?” I shouted and started to search around the playground for her. Everyone was wondering what I was doing so I told them, and after we found her on the slide!

February 24, 2021
by Mrs Hay
1 Comment

100wc

One night in an exceedingly small town a boy called Thomas was trying to escape a school. It was 9:32pm and Thomas needed Somone but who or what was that? The answer was a hidden tray but he also needed someone to help him find it. he heard some echoing footsteps. There was a girl and boy. The boy was Alex the girl was Kate. “But where did it go?” she shouted. Thomas realized who it was. “Oh hello “Alex said “hello” Thomas said back. Then Thomas accidently stepped in the tray they were looking for’ then it disappeared.

February 24, 2021
by Mrs Hay
0 comments

‘… but where did it go?’ she shouted…

Once upon a time there was a gold fish he lived in a
fish tang. the oner of the fish her name was Ele and…..
she was getting a puppy! not just any puppy a
German Shepard! He or “She will eat me”said the the
fish in a worry voice?
the next morning the puppy arrived.
he ran the fish tank and…..
knocked over the fish tank oh no said the oner of the
fish Ele “but where did it go she shouted.
where is my FISH?’’

The end
The End for the fish to!

February 15, 2021
by Mrs Hay

But it was heavier than I expected…

But it was heavier than I expected…

I went out to feed my bunny it’s breakfast and I decided that I would give it more than I normally gave it so that if it was hungry, then it would have lots of food to eat. So, I got its food and gave it to the bunny and then I cleared out its house. I picked it up to take it on my lap, but I couldn’t pick her up and she was heavier than I expected. Mum came out and told me that I had fed her to much food.

February 12, 2021
by Mrs Hay
0 comments

Bike prompt – 100wc

Today we had run out of milk as I ate 2 giant bowls of cereal… oops. Anyway, my Dad said I should go to the local shop to get some more. I took my bike because it would get me there quicker. When I arrived there, I tied my bike to a nearby tree so hopefully it would be harder for someone to steal it. Next, I crossed the road over to the wooden door of the small building and pushed it open. “Hello!” Said the cashier, “Hi!” I replied. I grabbed the milk, paid, and left. I was wrong.