March 20, 2017
by Abby Taylor
0 comments

Gloop

In after school club we made gloop. We made it with cornflour and water. when you put pressure on it is a solid and when you didn’t it turned into slime. When we made it we were in pairs I was in a pair with Rosie. We dyed our gloop blue like quite dark blue. The purpose of making the gloop was to make it dance but we tried it and it didn’t work it was meant to dance if you put it on a speaker with music but it didn’t. The funny thing was that at the end of after school club our hands were stained blue!

March 20, 2017
by Neil Arthur
0 comments

Walk to the Pier with Mojo

We went for a walk at the Burravoe pier. We also looked at the frog spawn. I liked looking at the frog spawn. We took pictures of his journey with the Shetland animals. We went to the fishing boats. Emer and Mara went to the gate of the Manor house. We took a picture in front of the Burravoe toilets. We went to take pictures with a boats. We went to Brian’s scallop boat and The Corvus, an fishing boat.

March 20, 2017
by Sonia Poniecka
0 comments

Science in After School Club

On Friday after school Neil and I, spotted a toy submarine in the science cupboard, on the box it said that it was powered by baking soda. So we took out the mini submarine, and read the instructions. First we took the cap off the submarine, and tipped some baking soda into the small open chamber. When the chamber was full we pressed the cap on. the next part of the instructions was to, dip the submarine in a large bucket of water and shake it wildly, then we let it go, firstly the submarine sank to the bottom of the bucket. But suddenly bubbles started to come from the submarines direction. Then the submarine started to float back up to the surface of the water. Then the submarine tilted and sunk back down again. I learned that it was caused because, the water was reacting with baking soda that made gas, that’s why there was gas bubbles coming from the submarine.

March 20, 2017
by Mara Bordeianu
0 comments

Ten Pieces Ballet Dance

This Saturday I went to dance for the BBC Ten Pieces I got PETRIFIED! It was the scariest thing in my life.I thought I was going to mess it all up. It was SO scary. it worked out all right though,we got a lot of claps. I enjoyed it.It was scary but fun. There was 1 boy and all the rest were girls.I went home after the performance,with my Mum, my Dad and Gordon.

March 20, 2017
by Emer Smith
0 comments

Mojo at Jennifer’s Croft

Mojo was at Jennifer’s Croft to see Shetland kye and pigs and sheep. First Mojo went to see the Shetland kye. He saw a calf and his mum. The calf was pretty small. The kye were black and the calf black with a little bit of white .After that He went to see the pigs. The pigs were pretty big . The pigs were black. Then Mojo went to see the sheep. There was lots of sheep. They were eating there food they were look like they were very hungry. The sheep were white and looked very fluffy. Mojo also look at eggs. I think Mojo had a very good time.

Parent Council Pizza Night Fundraiser

February 1, 2017 by Caroline Breyley | 1 Comment

Thank you very much to everyone who helped in any way to make the Fundraiser such a big success. We know that we have raised £967.80!

We are very proud of how hard the children worked and how well they developed their “Skills for Lifelong Learning and Work” not just on the Saturday but with the preparation they did beforehand. It has been a great learning context!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This gallery contains 28 photos

January 25, 2017
by Sofia Clark
0 comments

Scalloway School Visit

On Wednesday 25th January then I visited the Scalloway  School they were  a lot of rooms. I already know two people in my class. I think there are 29 or 30 people including me. We visited the school because we are moving into Scalloway. In one of the teachers assistant had Minions everywhere in that room.

January 23, 2017
by Neil Arthur
0 comments

Sending off Magnie

We sent off Magnie to Lanesend Primary School in the Isle of Wight. We put all the stuff in the box to send with Magnie. We put facts about Shetland and Yell and we also put in puffin poo and The Shetland Gruffalo book and something to protect Magnie on the way to the School. Hannah and Honor and Jennifer went to the post office to send off Magnie. We sent off Magnie in the morning. They went to the Burravoe Post Office. They put the box to Gilda, the post mistress, so she can send it to Lanesend Primary School.

It arrived at the school and the teacher, Mr Andre, and his class unpacked the box. He had made a display of what we put in the box.

display

This is a link to where the school is on Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.75053,-1.3042,4191m/data=!3m1!1e3

January 23, 2017
by Sofia Clark
0 comments

Scalloway Fire Festival

On Friday 13th January then me, my mam, my brother, my dad, my sister, my cousins, and my auntie and my uncle went to the Scalloway Fire Festival. My uncle and my cousin were Vikings. It was really interesting and cold I couldn’t feel my feet because it was so cold. There were lots and lots of people there. At the end I felt a bit warmer because they threw their torches in the Viking boat.  Some of their torches flames went out because it was so windy. The dragon eye which was on it’s head of course lit up. I really enjoyed it because there were so many Guizers.

January 23, 2017
by Bradley Clark
0 comments

Bowls at the Hall

On Tuesdays we have bowls at the Hall. We have a man called John Jarmson and his wife called Jean to teach us. We have a grass colour mat that’s furry and a thing called a helicopter and its not the whole helicopter it on the rotor blades that if your bowl hits hit you bowl dies and if goes off the mat it dies and if your bowls don’t get past half way mark, guess what it also dies. We had two teams of 3 and it was great.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

January 23, 2017
by Sonia Poniecka
0 comments

My Trip to The British Museum in London

I went with my dad to London to get my eyes tested, In the Great Ormond Street Hospital. My Dad realised we still had half an hour till my appointment, so we went to the British Museum for a visit. I got a bit disappointed when I saw that the upstairs exhibition was closed but, I cheered up when I  realised that there was loads more exciting things downstairs too. I enjoyed looking at all souvenirs in the shop in the British Museum. We bought an orange crayon for my brother and two papyrus scrolls from the Ancient Egyptian age for my mother. Then we went into another room, in the middle of the room was a stone statue from Easter Island, behind the statue there were old tablets in a glass case people took the tablets when they were ill in the olden times. I didn’t get to see much more because we had to go to the hospital then, to get my eyes tested.

January 23, 2017
by Abby Taylor
0 comments

P.E. Gymnastics

In P.E. this term we have been doing gymnastics. Last week we focused on balance. We had different things that we had to go on. The first thing was a bench hooked up to a padded stool we had to walk up the bench and then we had to balance on the padded stool and then jump of. There was a few kind of ones like that. and then there were ones with spring boards at the beginning. For that you had to jump on the spring board and onto the padded stool,do a balance and then you had to jump of. The week before that we were in pairs and made short routines, I was with Emer.