Comment below to give your highlight of the week. Remember to include thoughts on learning, activities, skills and knowledge.
One of the children in our class has found some very old keys in her house and brought them in to share with us. The keys made us think about the Magic Key from our reading books. We guessed what the keys might be for:
”I think they are giant’s keys”
”They are the keys to a castle”
”They are keys to a secret room”
”The keys might open a door which takes us to sweetie land”
We hope to use these keys to inspire our writing. What do you think the keys might be for?
We have been looking at living things this block and our piece of homework is based on that. Choose one of the following to work on and bring to share with the class on Wednesday 5th of June.
- Take a walk in your local area and take pictures of the living things that you can see. Use these pictures to create a poster identifying what you have seen.
- Choose an invertebrate or vertebrate and find out about it- think about its habitat, diet, adaptations, how is it classified. Present this information in a way of your choice eg Powerpoint, write on blog, poster.
- Create a diorama of different living things. This should be all be linked and should show plants, vertebrates and invertebrates that depend on each other. It could be in any part of the world.
- Create a 3D model of an imaginary invertebrate. What group does it belong to, is it a predator or prey, does it have any special features?
- Many living things rely on camouflage as an adaptation. Either create a piece of art which shows how a vertebrate or invertebrate is camouflaged.This could be a painting, collage. Or create a Powerpoint which shows us different examples.Look at examples in nature to inspire you.
- Many species and habitats are becoming extinct because of the actions of man. What can we do to save the planet? Create a poster that tells the reader what practical things they can do.
Well done for your excellent work in the Three Bridges Race (Elise is missing from the photograph).
Although it has been a shorter week with a Monday holiday, we have packed a lot in. Comment below to say what you have enjoyed, things you have learnt, and skills you have used or developed.
We wanted to find out what happened to solid water when it was heated. We set up our experiment and observed. Most of us thought the ice (solid water) would melt to liquid water. The ice did melt then the liquid water disappeared. Liquid water turned into a gas, water vapour – evaporation.