Today P1 visited Tesco with Michael the puppet to find out what goes on behind the scenes. We learned all about what happens to the deliveries, how the shelves are filled and how tills work. We also got to feel how cold the freezer is!!
The lady from Tesco talked to us about the fruit they have and we tried some. She kindly gave us some fruit to take back to school.
We have been having lots of easter fun this week! Some of the boys and girls started drawing the easter bunny last week at our mark making table.
From this we added some egg shapes to our gluing and painting area to make a lovely easter display and had an easter tray with eggs, chickens, and straw!
On the last day we had an easter egg hunt outside and made easter nests!
Hope everyone has a lovely holiday
During health week P6A have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in several healthy activities. We learnt about the wellbeing indicators and discussed how Kingsland helps us to feel safe, healthy, active, responsible, respected, achieving, nurtured and included. We also ran the daily mile each day and took part in a health activity afternoon on Tuesday. P6A really enjoyed teaching the P1’s and the nursery some playground games and listening to professionals talk about skin care and the 5 a day healthy eating plate. It has been a great week and we have learnt that it is important to be yourself.
Health Week continues with another busy day. All of P2 had a Yoga Session in the Hall this morning and then we had a fantastic afternoon of activities.
Which sessions did you take part in?
Zumba, Cheerleading, Ballet, , Drama, Mindfulness Yoga, Chill Out, Sticky Kids or What makes me unique?
Each day in Health Week we are running 12 laps of our playground.
If we run 12 laps for 4 days how many laps will we run?
If we run 12 laps for 5 days how many laps will we run?
What has running a mile a day done to your heart rate ? How does this help to keep our bodies healthy and happy?
We got off to a flying start with our Health Week this morning. Miss Nicholson organised a really fun assembly for us where we thought a lot about what makes us special and unique. The choir sang us a lovely song called ‘This is Me’.
Some of the teachers helped out with a story about a mouse, a lion, a gazelle and a monkey. Can you tell the grown ups at home what happened in the story?
P4 and P4/3 got together to discuss our new topic, what we think we need to learn, and what we already know! See below for our ideas:
I can consider ways of looking after my school or community and can encourage others to care for their environment
- Teaching children how to behave more safely
- Encourage people
- Stop plastic/air pollution
- Talk to people
- Encourage people to look after the environment
- Make people feel proud of themselves
- Recycle plastic
- Stand up for yourself
- Respect people
- Make sure people are more careful when they recycle
- Respect one and other
- Do not litter
- Be nice
- Be eco friendly
- When you cut something down, re plant it
I can contribute to a discussion of the difference between my needs and wants and those of others around me
- Difference between needs and wants
- Be helpful
- Help people when they get hurt
- Be kind
- Confused between difference between needs and wants sometimes
- Do thing for others not yourself
- Put other people before yourself
- Need=something you need
- Want =something not needed
- Something people need a ramp but others don’t
- When you want something
- Some people want an xbox some people don’t
Representing my class, school and/or wider community encourages my self worth and confidence and allows me to contribute to and participate in society
- Confidence is that you can do things
- Confidence is the same thing as stamina
- Lists of Peebles clubs
- Never give up
- Doing a good deed every day
- Doing things for others
- What can we do to help others?
- Give money or food
Through contributing my views, time and talents I play a part in bringing about positive change in my school and wider community
- How can we help our community?
- Think of different things to help the school
- Making everyone feel safe
- Teaching people to be more confident in their skills
- Think about ways we can make Peebles a better place
- I want to make the world a better place
- Do not litter
- I want to make this town more eco friendly
- I can make a difference
- Make school a better place by picking up litter
- We can help the school – plastic, in the car park
I have experienced the different jobs involved in running a business enterprise and understand the role each one plays in its success
- Job is a business that helps you get money
- Running a business gives you mega bucks
- Being a good boss
- Go to school so you can get a job when you’re older
- Start a bank
- Make money
- Start a group
- Set up a business
- Suggestions of business ideas
- I have experienced this because I am opening a charity
I have developed an understanding of the importance of local organisations in providing for the needs of my local community
- UK cancer centre
- People in wheelchairs need ramps to get to houses
- Disabled toilets are for people that are disabled
- Go and visit places in Peebles so we can help them one day
- Help people with their plastic waste
- Lists of organisations in Peebles that help the community
P3A and P3B would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Megan’s Mum, Mrs. Sinclair for coming to tell us lots about our muscles and her job as a physiotherapist.
After listening and taking part in the activities she gave you:
Do you think being a physiotherapist is an interesting job? Why?
What parts of the body did you learn more about?
If you want to download the free app (Mrs. Sinclair’s friend she brought on her Ipad) it’s called Essential Anatomy 5
We used plasticine to make the different characters from the stories we have been reading. We had to squeeze the plasticine and make it soft before we could shape it. It was hard work!