- A title to capture the reader’s attention and tell what the recount is about
- Start by setting the scene e.g. ‘what’, ‘where’, ‘when’, ‘how’
- An opening paragraph with a more detailed summary of the main events
- Organise the main events in a chronological order. Leave out irrelevant details
- Write in the past tense
- Use topic specific vocabulary
- Final paragraph with concluding statements. This should bring the reader back to the subject and should include an evaluative comment or summary
Remember the Core Language Features too.