Highlights of the Week

As usual the Biggies have been a delightful company. Here are a few things that have stood out for me.

Jess painted a marvellous picture of a poppy. She did a brilliant job of tinting and shading.

Rhea worked very independently in literacy. She researched the meaning and pronunciation of some new words using an online dictionary, wrote sentence to show she understood the meanings and recorded her self reading the sentences showing she had learnt how to pronounce the words correctly!

We started our e-Portfolios by adding our first targets of the year. The children in primary four and five had not used e-Portfolios before. I was amazed to see that 3 of them had posted to their e-portfolios from home. Not only that they had customised their blogs even though I had only mentioned that it could be done. Well done Grace, Rhuraidh M and Alice. Grace posted a beautiful picture taken from her window, Rhuraidh some lovely ones of his family’s cat. Alice found some Red Tractor labels while food shopping after we had been talking about them in class.

Author: John Johnston

I am a teacher, currently working in Banton Primary for North Lanarkshire Council. I also act as Product Owner/provide support for Glow Blogs.