HOMEWORK GRID – December 2021
You can choose any of the tasks from the Advent Calendar below. Try to do 3 or 4 activities a week.
Where appropriate, please upload a document or photo of the task to Assignments in Teams. Or you could email it to your own Glow Email and upload it to Teams in school. If you cannot get online, you can bring your jotter into school and take a photo to upload with your iPad. If it is work you are proud of or that meets one of your targets you could post it to your e-portfolio.
Answer these problems. Remember DUMTUMS
Elves have to decorate each tree with 800 Christmas lights. They have 6400 lights. How many trees can they decorate?
On Christmas Eve, Father Christmas travels at 180 mph.
How many miles does he travel in 6 hours?
Rudolph made 48 Christmas puddings. Each pie contains
15g of currants. How many grams of currants did he need to
make the Christmas puddings?
- Lollipop sticks
- Elastic bands
- Plastic spoon/fork
- Marshmallows (aka snowballs)
- Take 3 lollipop sticks, bundle them, and wrap rubber bands around each end to hold them together.
- Take 2 more lollipop sticks and put them together with a rubber band around one end.
- Then put the first bundle between those two sticks.
- Take one another rubber band and wrap it around the point where the sticks all meet to hold them in place.
- Then place the spoon along the top stick and rubber band or glue that into place.
- Try making the catapults with different amounts of lollipop sticks for step 1 and/or 2 and test to see which one can launch the ‘snowball’ the furthest.
Use your maths skills to measure how far you can fire a snowball!
LI: To create a fact-file.
Create a Fact File that includes important features of non-fiction writing – Heading, Sub Heading(s), paragraph(s) of facts written in appropriate tense and person.
Choose a subject or topic linked to the theme of Winter.