First you need to make sure the Jetpack plugin is activated and the shortcode module is turned on.
A video in your google drive can be embedded:
- Upload to GoogleDrive
- Open The Google Video page and choose Share from the vertical ellipsis at the top right.
- In the Advanced settings make the video Public on the Web
- From the vertical ellipsis menu choose open in a new window.
- In the window that opens choose embed from the vertical ellipsis menu.
- copy the embed code and paste into the editor in the Text view.
- on saving it will be converted into a shortcode like this:
[googleapps domain="drive" dir="file/d/1H-oJO4UbdAuxXRYCFEJJo-ZwYKA4CR0C/preview" query="" width="640" height="480" /]
NB there appears at the time of writing, 11 Apr 2020, to be a problem with playback on Safari on mac & iOS.