An Eagle In The Snow

This is one of my favourite books which is about the war  and I’m   going to do a book review report on why I enjoy this BOOK.

The author – The author is Michael Morpurgo who has quite a lot of books and quite a few of them are based about the war like War Horse [ Also now a movie ] so I would also recommend some of his other books.

The Setting – There is a boy with his mum on a train and this other mysterious person who is telling them a story about the World Wars and how this man called Billy Byron who could of prevented the  World War 2.

These are the main characters …..

1. Billy Byron who is a fighter in World War 1 and World War 2.
  2. The mysterious man who is telling what happens in the war.
  3. The boy and his mum who is getting told in the war.
  4. A girl called Christine who Billy saves in the War and  falls in love with.
  5. And some of Billy’s team mates who also fight in the war.

The Genre – War , Fighting and action.

What Happens In The Book??????????????????????????????????

• Billy and the Allies won World War 1.
  • Billy decided not to kill the last German after World War 1 because there was no point.
  • That German he didn’t  kill was actually Adolf Hitler .
  • In World War 2 Billy recognised the man who started World War 2 and knew that he had made a mistake.
  • So the story is all about Billy trying to fix his mistake.

I would recommend this book to people in Primary 4  and up to the end of High School because this book has some mature features but also a great example of what it was like in both Wars.

If you read this book then be prepared for a blood-pumping adventurous story filled with twists and turns . This book is especially good if you’re interested in either World War 1 or World War 2.

This is definitely  one of my favourite books because it has a lot of action adventure and it warms your heart at some parts of the story.

So go ahead and buy this book if you’re interested!!!!!

By Sam G [ p6 ]