Support

You may have a problem using Glow Blogs or think you have found a problem or bug. For help with using glow Blogs see below.

Reporting Bugs and Problems

If you think you have found an issue or problem with the blog service it is worth looking at out Known Issues
New Issues & Workarounds.

If you need to report an issue you need raise it through your Local Authority with the RM help desk.

Reporting Problems – Details

• It can help or Support and Developer Team if you take screenshots of problems that you find.
  • It is also a good idea to include the URL (web address) of the blog you have an issue with.
  • Finnaly if you know the opperating system (eg Windows 7), browser (e=g Chrome 30) and  versions if you know them these can help.

If you do not know how to take a screenshot  you might find http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ or WordPress.com’s Advice helpful.

Support with Using Glow Blogs

If you need help with any aspect of using Glow Blogs you may find information here that will help. The search facility may be useful.

If you do not find what you want we will try and answer any comments here promptly. It may help other users if you find an appropriate post or page to add your comment, as hopefully any answer will be a resource for other users too.

Alternatively fill in this form and we will get back to you via email.

We can’t help with general Glow questions or questions about username and passwords. You can find help for other glow services on Help with Glow – Glow Connect (Accounts and passwords)

Please double check your email address in the form, it is easy to make a mistake, and then we cannot get back to you.

71 thoughts on “Support”

1. Hi,

I have created this learning resource using glow blogs but I really want other colleagues in other authorities to contribute. They can view if I make it public but when set to glow only its seem to only work in my authority.

Is there anyway to move the location of the blog so it is national? Also, is there away to increase the memory as there is potential for this project to grow.

Many thanks

Robert

1. Hi Robert,
      The glow only setting allows users who have the East Dumbarton (in your case) tile active in RM Unify (this does not need to be on the launchpad). This is not ideal.
      Public would solve the problem of allowing everyone to see it or we could move it to the /glowblogs central area. I’ll drop you an email about this.

You can increase the storage space by getting your LA key contact to raise a call with the RM help desk, it usually happens very quickly.

2. Hi,
    I am taking over responsibility for our school website and will probably be firing many questions at you over the next few months! First question, is there a way to see how many people are visiting each page on our website? It’s a Glow blog and I’d like to see which bits are being looked at most often.

Thanks for your help!

1. Hi Jonathan,
      Currently you can only get stats by adding a 3rd party ‘hit counter’ to pages on your blog.
      There is information on adding this here:
      https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/glowblogs/glowbloghelp/portfolio/adding-a-hit-counter/

To do this on separate pages would be quite time consuming. You would have to add an widget for each page you were interested on and use the Jetpack widget visibility module to show it only on those pages.

We do have an item on our backlog to add stats of some sort onto blogs but do not have a timescale at the moment.

3. Hi!
    I created two blogs during my time as a teacher for North Lanarkshire Council. I have now moved to East Dunbartonshire and wish to delete my old sites. However my glow username has changed, my old one is no longer active and I therefore can’t get access to the dashboards of the old blogs to delete them.

Can you advise how I can get this done?
    Thanks

1. Hi Lesley-Anne,
      If you raise a call to the RM help desk (via your local authority) they should be able to delete your blog.