Welcome to Glow Blog Help

The site is divided into a few main sections that can be accessed from the Menu.

Glow Blogs for Contingency & Continuity

The Search Box on the right of the menu bar  might be useful.

And you can see the Recent Changes listed together.

The Site Map gives a one page overview of the help.

An introduction to Glow Blogs

97 thoughts on “Welcome to Glow Blog Help”

1. Hi John
    You helped us set up our website at Holy Cross Primary, Croy. I am updating the class names under categories on the sidebar menu. I have deleted the old classes and added the new class names however these are not appearing on the sidebar menu.
    Can you advise what I need to do to show these categories?
    I hope you are well.
    Thanks again.

2. “Hi John, I notice in the July 2016 WordPress release that there’s an update to Responsive Images. I’ve uploaded some header images at the recommended size of 1600×230 for my theme. But on some resolutions the images appear blurred and on mobile devices they’re not being shown at all. Can you give some advice on how best to handle this? ” Tony Young

3. Hi John
    We are looking to create other blogs on Glow for the School – what is the easiest way to link these with our main website?
    Thanks
    Nina

4. Hi, I have just begun a new web committee and I am trying to add them as contributors to our glow blog. I have followed the same steps as last year but users still show as pending. When the children click on the LA Blog tile and select my sites, our school site does not show up, despite me managing them in the ‘add users’ section of my teacher account.

1. Hi Erin,
      It sounds like there may be a problem with the pupils accounts.
      If there accounts are sitting pending and the usernames are the pupils glow log in eg mine would be gw09johnstonjohn4@glow then you need to raise a call with the RM help Desk through your Local Authority to get these fixed. This is normally a very quick process.

NB, sometime this problem is caused by adding a full email address, which will not work. If that is the case removing the email address uses and adding the users again using their username will work.

5. Hello
    I have changed the privacy setting on my blog for all to access it however when I try to access the url out with Glow it can’t find the site.

Thanks
    Fiona

1. Hi Fiona,
      Is the problem that you can’t find the blog on a google search or if you follow a link?

It will take time for google to index the site.