Auchinraith Home Learning Access

Learning Access From Home

Primary 6/7 (Mrs McCormack)

Good Morning Primary 6/7.

I know it has been a strange time for everyone but I hope you are all well and managing to get lots of fresh air.

I have been missing you all and would love to hear from you, even just a quick hello.  If you have time you could let me know some of the things you have been doing.

Although school is not able to function the way we would like, it is important that you keep learning as best you can.  To help with this we will be posting weekly learning activities on our new blog.  Do your best to try to complete the activities to help get you ready for when school returns.

All the teachers are looking forward to hearing from the children in their classes, so keep in touch with questions, posts or activities you could share.

Mrs McCormack

Good Morning everyone,

I am sorry for the computer glitch this morning but hopefully all is now sorted.

I hope you all had a lovely long weekend and are ready to start  working today.  Please try to complete the activities and let me know how you get on.

Mrs McCormack

Here are your activities for this week.

Literacy grid    maths grid  Spelling Yellow         Spelling Blue Purple Red Green

Moving on to High School can be a little daunting at first.   To help with this we have added a transition activity for those pupils in P7  who are moving on to High School in August.

You may not all  be going to the same High School, so this is an example to show you how to work out your timetable in whichever school you attend.    It gives an example layout for a school and activities to help you find out  where classes are and when to be there.

Hopefully this will help you when you get there.

P7 Transition

1st June 2020

Good morning everyone.

I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to enjoy the gorgeous weather we have been so lucky to have.   I did not do very much, just sat in the garden reading and drinking coffee.

It was really great to hear from you and find out what you have been doing.   You seem to be finding interesting ways to entertain yourselves and are taking part in lots of outside experiences.   I know it is all a bit strange but do your best to keep busy if you can.   From the messages I have received, it seems baking is really popular at the moment.

I have posted this weeks learning activities and hope you enjoy the tasks I have set this week.   Try to complete some of the tasks everyday and  remember to email your completed tasks to our new email address – gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk.

Keep in touch with all your news.

Mrs McCormack

P6-7 Literacy Grid 1.6.20

Blue Group spelling 1.6.20

Green Group spelling 1.6.20

Purple Group spelling 1.6.20

Yellow Group spelling 1.6.20

Red Group Spelling 1.6.20

P6-7 Maths Tetrahedrons and Prisms 1.6.20

P6-7 Maths Cuboids and Spheres 1.6.20

P7 Pupils

To help with your transition to High School I have added another transition activity.   Remember that this is to help you to work out a timetable and is not the timetable you will receive when you get there.

1.6.20 P7 Transition Activity

8th June 2020

Good Morning everyone.

I hope you are all safe and well.   The weather has not been quite so nice over the weekend but I hope you all managed to get out and get some exercise.

I have posted this weeks activities and hope you manage to try some of the task.

This week I have added a  special challenge with a prize for the best entry.   Get you imagination and technology skills going and see what you can create.

I look forward to seeing how creative you can be.

Mrs McCormack

P 6-7 Literacy 8.6.20      how-to-draw-a-highland-cow-worksheet    Tribes of the Rainforest (1)

Blue Group spelling 8.6.20    Green Group spelling 8.6.20    Purple Group spelling 8.6.20    Red Group Spelling 8.6.20    Yellow Group spelling 8.6.20

8.6.20 Tetrahedons and Prisms Maths Grid      P6-7 Maths Cuboids and Spheres 8.6.20

Please find below a link from Abernethy outdoor centre for the pupils who did not get to go on the residential visit this year.

15.6.20

Logo Morning Good Animation, good morning transparent background PNG clipart | PNGGuru

Good Morning Primary 6/7

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are ready to complete this weeks tasks.   This will be the last full week of school so I would like   you to try as many as you can.

I have attached a summer grid with some activities for you to work on.   Try some of the links I have put on to see some Scottish wildlife, there are many links with live streaming.

Try the science link and if you make any fabulous chocolate creations, take some pictures and send them to me.   I do love chocolate.

Remember to send any entries for the Summer Challenge (make a windmill)  to me for the end of the week.

Mrs  McCormack

Summer challenge

17/6/20

For the attention of parents and carers:

Letter from SLC

2020-06-16 Parent-Carer Letter (10)

22.06.20

Good Morning Primary 6/7,

I can’t believe it is the end of the year already.  School finishes on Wednesday and I must admit it has been a very strange summer term.

I really enjoyed working with all of you and have missed you and school.

Some of you will be moving on to High School and I wish you all good luck.    You have worked really hard and this will stand you in good stead when you get there.   Remember to take advantage of all the opportunities that will be offered to you, to build on skills you already have or experience new ones.

For those of you moving on to Primary 7,  remember that you too should look to take advantages of any opportunities available in Primary 7.  I am sure you will make the school proud.

I look forward to seeing you in August.

Have a safe and fun summer holiday.

Mrs McCormack

Summer Term Activities

IMS Music