Auchinraith Home Learning Access

Learning Access From Home

Primary 7 (Miss Weir)

Monday 22nd June 2020

Good Morning,

I can’t believe this is your final week of Primary 7 at Auchinraith! I know some of you have attended transition events at your new secondary schools, I hope it all went well. I am looking forward to seeing you at our special P7 ceremony on Tuesday 23rd at 1.30pm. Remember to wear full school uniform and please bring along your old class novels (Eleventh Orphan/Falcon’s Malteser). I have attached some suggested summer themed learning activities below for you to try this week.

IMS pupils across South Lanarkshire have been developing their skills as part of the Make Your Own Kind of Music project, please take a look at the video using the link:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP-WWCOPgW0

Boys and girls, it’s been a pleasure teaching you and I have very fond memories of you all from our time together in Primary 4 and 7.  I would like to thank you for all of your hard work and effort throughout the year, I am very proud of you each and every one of you. Remember to always follow your dreams and reach for the stars!

See you all on Tuesday.

Miss Weir

Friday 19th June 2020

***Please see below for a link to the most recent letter from Tony McDaid, Education Director at South Lanarkshire Council.***

Parent/Carer letter

Monday 15th June 2020

Good Morning,

I can’t believe we are beginning our last full week of school before the summer holidays! I hope you all had a lovely weekend, what did you all get up to?

We are in the process of working on the P7 end of term celebrations, we are still waiting on baby and recent photographs from 10 pupils so please send these as soon as possible to gw14auchinraithht@glow.sch.uk 

I have attached this week’s learning activities below. Last week’s STEM challenge will be continued this week, please send me pictures of your car to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk

Remember to keep up to date using the school app and blog. I hope you and your families are well, take care.

Miss Weir

15.6.20 P7 Home Learning Activities

STEM Challenge: Make a toy car using recycled materials

• Plan and draw a diagram of your car. Label the materials you will use to make each part.
  • Collect the materials you will need such as cardboard, plastic packaging, bottle lids, skewers etc.
  • Create your car using your plan to help.
  • Give a presentation, explaining how you combined different materials to make your car and test it to see how far it travels.

Thursday 11th June 2020

FAO Lillyrose and Sarah – John Ogilvie transition visit. 

Hello girls,

Please have a look at the attached document regarding a visit to your new high school.

P7 Visit June 20

Monday 8th June 2020

Hello P7,

I hope you are all well and have enjoyed your weekend. I have attached a mixed learning activity grid for this week which you should complete alongside the daily maths calendar below. Please try to complete all tasks including the STEM challenge. Remember you can send pictures of your work to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk. Make sure you put your name and class in the subject heading and I will reply on the comments section of the blog.

Have a lovely week everyone, keep in touch!

Miss Weir

8.6.20 P7 Home Learning Activities

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

For attention of Sarah and Lillyrose:

The staff at John Ogilvie are looking forward to welcoming you both to your new school. They have asked that you complete the document attached so they can find out a bit more about you. Please send this back to me by emailing gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk

Sarah and Lillyrose only – Pupil Passport word

Monday 1st June 2020

Good Morning Primary 7,

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  I can’t believe the wonderful weather we’ve been having lately, it has been good to get out in the garden to relax in the sun. What did you all get up to?

Thank you to everyone who commented on the blog last week, it was good to hear from you all, please keep in touch everyone!  Also, thank you to those who have sent in their baby /recent pictures for the P7 montage. If you haven’t done so already and would like to be in it, please email these as soon as possible to gw14auchinraithht@glow.sch.uk

I have attached three documents for this week’s home learning tasks: literacy, numeracy and the second P7 transition activity. Please try to give these tasks a go and complete in your home learning jotter. I have also added June’s maths calendar below, have a go each day! Remember to take regular breaks to help your brain rest and recharge in-between activities. I will be online daily from 2 – 3pm to answer any questions you may have about work or you can post a comment just as a check in to let me know how you are getting on.

Take care everyone,

Miss Weir

1.6.20 P7 Literacy Home Learning

1.6.20 P7 Maths and Numeracy Home Learning

1.6.20 P7 Transition Activity 2

UPDATE ( 1.6.20 6.30PM) –  For attention of  Lily  – Make Your Own Kind of Music Project 

IMS would like their instrumental pupils to take part in an inspiring and fun collaborative music making experience this month. I have attached all of the relevant documents  below which explains the project and outlines what you need to do if you would like to take part.  Please email your piece to Miss Caldwell at  gw20caldwelllouise@glow.sch.uk

Completed Work

We are aware of the need for children and parents to have the facility to email completed work to class teachers. All completed work should be sent to: gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk

Please ensure that your child’s name and class are both in the subject heading. All communication/messages should continue to be sent through this Blog. This glow email account is only for completed work. This could be in the form of photographs or word documents. I look forward to seeing some of your work!

26.05.20 Update  (11.20am)

CALDERSIDE SCHOOL OF FOOTBALL

Calderside Academy are looking for pupils who are interested in the school of football, this opportunity is for both boys and girls. Anyone interested just needs to give me their name at the moment, but there will be trials at Calderside whenever this becomes a possibility. Please post a message to me if this is something that you are interested in.

Thanks,   Miss Weir

Tuesday 26th May 2020 

Good Morning Primary 7,

I hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend and managed to get outside when the weather started to clear following a stormy start! I spent the weekend baking and going for walks when it was dry, what have you all been up to?

I have attached three documents for this week’s learning tasks: literacy, numeracy and a P7 transition activity. Please try to give these tasks a go and complete to the best of your ability.  Also, incase you haven’t noticed, there are sections at the top righthand side of the school blog for healthy living, music and additional reading resources, please take a look at these for lots of fun activities and top tips to help us all during these difficult times.

You may have noticed on the app that we have started to plan for our end of year P7 celebrations, and we would like you to send a baby picture and a more recent picture of yourself to Mrs McCulloch. In order to feature in our P7 montage , you should email both of these photographs to  gw14auchinraithht@glow.sch.uk by Friday 29th May 2020.

If there is anything that you are stuck with, please remember to post on the blog and I will be happy to explain things further if needed. I will be online between 2pm and 3pm everyday to answer any questions. I look forward to hearing how you all get on!

Stay safe everyone,

Miss Weir

Literacy Home Learning – 25.5.20 P7 Literacy Home Learning

Maths and Numeracy Home Learning –  25.5.20 P7 Maths and Numeracy Homelearning

P7 Transition Activity 1 –  25.5.20 P7 Transition Activity 1

Hello Primary 7,

I hope you and your families are safe and well, I am missing you all very much! It has been lovely to see your photographs and find out what you’ve been up to over the last few weeks. I hope you have been able to take advantage of the lovely sunny weather that we’ve been having!

From now on, I will be uploading home learning tasks to the blog on a weekly basis. It is important that you do what you can as you continue to practise and consolidate learning, this will help you to be the best you can be as you prepare to move onto high school.

It would be great to hear from you all, so please post back and let me know how you are getting on or if you have any questions about the tasks set.

Take care boys and girls,

Miss Weir