Auchinraith Home Learning Access

Learning Access From Home

Health and Wellbeing (Miss Bell)

Monday 22nd June 2020

Well we are here boys and girls, the last few days of the school year! I can’t quite believe it.

For the last few days, I have put together the document below to help you plan a party to celebrate the end of the year. This could be with the people in your household or with family or friends from up to 2 other households. In the document I have put that the party will be on the last day of term (Wednesday) but it could be the weekend or any other day when your chosen guests are available.

Party Planning!

I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who sent in work or messages. It has been so nice to keep in touch with you through the blog as I really have been missing you all. Thank you to everyone for all their hard work during my P.E. and Health and Wellbeing lessons during the year. I had a great time spending this year in lots of different classes throughout the school as it meant I could get to know so many of you that I had never taught before. I am so looking forward to getting back to normality and seeing all of your smiling faces in school in August. πŸ™‚

Have a fabulous summer,

Miss Bell

Hi Everyone!

I am missing you all so much and hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy during this strange time. I have loved seeing the pictures of what you have been doing on the school app and I am so pleased that some of you have been taking part in my Health and Wellbeing and Eco challenges – keep it up!

At school, we always stress the need to look after your health and wellbeing and this has never been more important! From Tuesday 26th May I will be posting weekly HWB grids with activities for you to complete each day. There will be a range of tasks that focus on things like your mental and emotional health, cooking skills, topic work and even some art activities linked to HWB. I hope you will find these useful in helping to make you feel healthy, happy and calm and that you have fun at the same time!

I can’t wait to be back at school with you all but, in the meantime, if you could post comments to let me know that you can see this page, how you are getting on in general and with the the tasks I set then that would make me one happy teacher!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Miss Bell x

Monday 15th June 2020

Hello Everyone,

The summer holidays are almost here!!! I can’t quite believe it. For our last full week of term I have put together some summer themed Health and Wellbeing activities for you – I hope you enjoy them! I would still love to see how you are getting on with your tasks so please continue to send completed work or pictures to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk.

As per usual, the main grid is below followed by any extra document links that might be needed.

HWB Grid Week Beginning 15th June

Sun Safety Powerpoint– P3 and P4 Monday

Summer Mindfulness Colouring Sheets– Whole school Tuesday

Planning the Best Picnic Ever Activity Sheets– P3 – P7 Wednesday

Meet Your New Teacher– P1 and P2 Thursday

Summer Bag Challenge Activity Sheets– P3-P6 Thursday

P7 End of Year Hopes and Dreams Worksheet Thursday

Ice Lollies Recipe Ideas– P1 and P2 Friday

Enjoy your last full week of term!

Miss Bell

Monday 8th June 2020

Good morning Auchinraithers πŸ™‚

I can’t believe it’s Monday again already!

I have got lots for you to learn this week. We are going to spend a little bit more time on learning about first aid as it is very important and takes a bit of practise to feel confident with. On Tuesday, some of you may recognise someone who used to be a teacher at our school in the videos I have posted! I have also included some more health and wellbeing art activities.

I have quite a few links to post for this week’s work so I hope it is clear for you. If you have any issues then leave a comment and I help you.

HWB Grid Week Beginning 8th June

Danger circle – P1 and P2 Monday

Staying Safe Activity Sheets – P3 and P4 Monday

First Aid Powerpoint – P5, 6 and 7 Monday

The Recovery Position – P5, 6 and 7 Monday

Making Negative Thoughts into Positive Thoughts – P5, 6 and 7 Tuesday

High 5 hand – P1 and P2 Wednesday

The Postcode Song

Design a Positive Thinking Cap– P3 and P4 Friday

As always, leave me a comment or email any completed work or photos to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk. I really do love seeing how you are getting on!

Miss Bell

Monday 1st June 2020

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend out in the sun and are ready for some more health and wellbeing activities! I have got some summer themed food ideas for you this week – I hope you like them πŸ™‚ As with last week, if you have children across multiple stages then for art/cooking you may find it easier to get them to do the same task, but it is completely up to you.

I would be delighted if you could send any pictures of your completed work/art and food creations to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk andΒ I will reply by leaving a comment on this blog page.

HWB Grid Week Beginning 1st June

I am an Amazing Person Activity Sheet – This is for P3 and P4 on Wednesday

Things to Look Forward to Jar – Instructions for P3 and P4 on Friday

As always, if you need help with anything then don’t hesitate to leave me a comment and I will get back to you.

Keep working hard,

Miss Bell

Tuesday 26th May 2020

Good morning!

Welcome to week 1 of the Health and Wellbeing blog πŸ™‚

Below I have posted an activity grid for this week. The grid is split into 3 groups – P1 and P2, P3 and 4 and P5,6 and 7 – and there is a health and wellbeing task for each day. I know you will all be very busy with the class work set by your teachers but looking after your health and wellbeing is extremely important during this time so please try to do as many of the activities as you can.

I understand that many families have children across the school so for any art/cooking type activities feel free to choose just one of the tasks for your children to complete. For example, if your children are in P3 and P6 then on Thursday you could choose to do either the ‘Rainbow Toastie’ or the ‘Homemade Chicken Nuggets’ to make life easier. However if you would like to stick to the grid and do both then that’s great!

HWB Grid Week Beginning 25th May

P3 and P4 Wellbeing Activity Page – This is the file for the activity page for Wednesday’s task.

If you have any questions or just want to let me know how you are doing with the tasks then leave a post below and I will get back to you. I would love to see pictures of you doing your HWB tasks (especially the cooking ones!) so please email any to the school.

Keep safe,

Miss Bell