Auchinraith Home Learning Access

Learning Access From Home

Primary 3-5 (Mrs McKechnie & Mrs Cocozza)

Monday 22nd of June 2020

Good Morning!

Can you believe it is almost the summer holidays? This is our last Monday and Mrs McKechnie and I have put together a few final challenges for you to enjoy on your last few days. Choose as many as you can and have fun, we decided to continue with our ‘Here comes summer’ theme and this week it’s all about ice cream!! Yum!

Fun Fact of the Day: One of the most unusual flavored ice creams is hot dog flavour and it was created in Arizona, US.

Here Comes Summer 3

Mrs Cocozza

__________________________________________________________________________

Friday 19th of June 2020

Good Morning!!

It’s Friday and almost the weekend! I hope everybody got outside yesterday in the beautiful sunshine. I had made a yummy pot of soup, it certainly wasn’t the weather for soup. Remember Mrs Cocozza and I still need to choose our STEM prize winner, so make sure you email your pictures to us!

Fun Fact of the Day – This weekend marks the official start of summer with the summer solstice. This is the longest day of the year and the day with the most sunlight. This year it falls on Saturday the 20th of June. It is special this year because on the same day there is going to be an annular eclipse of the Sun. Every  year and once a year the Moon passes in front of the Sun and casts a shadow over parts of the globe. However, it will not completely cover the Sun, so there will be sunlight around the edge of the moon. This is sometimes known as a ring of fire eclipse. Can anybody find out for Monday when the sun rose and set on Saturday or what time the eclipse happened?

Have a brilliant weekend!

Mrs McKechnie

________________________________________________________________

Thursday 18th of June 2020

Happy Thursday!

Today is the last Thursday of session 2019/2020. It’s been a very different, but nevertheless busy school year. I would love to know what your favourite school memory is from this year?  Mrs Cocozza and I are so excited to see what you have been able to come up with for the STEM challenge.

Fun Fact of the Day – My favourite fruit is a strawberry! Did you know they are the only fruit to have seeds on their outside?

Have a great day and remember you can send us a little message!

Mrs McKechnie

Wednesday 17th of June 2020

Welcome to a wonderful Wednesday Primary 3-5!

We have had a warm and muggy start to the week, but it has stayed dry woohoo! I hope you have been managing to give some of the holiday themed tasks a try this week, I can’t wait to hear where some of you would like to go away to on holiday! I would like to go to Portugal, as this is a country I have visited many times since I was a little girl and I always have a wonderful time. Also remember Mrs Cocozza and I are looking for our STEM prize winners!!

Fun Fact of the Day – Portugal is the oldest country in Europe.

Have a super day!

Mrs McKechnie

***Parent/Carers – Please see below for a link to the most recent letter from Tony McDaid, Education Director at South Lanarkshire Council.***

2020-06-16 Parent-Carer Letter (10)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 15th June 2020

Good Morning Primary 3-5! Here comes summer!

So this week is our last full week of school before the summer holidays. Mrs McKechnie and I have put together some holiday theme tasks for you to enjoy, complete as many as you can and let us know how you are doing with them. If you have any questions remember just to ask.

We would love you to try our the STEM challenge and send us pictures of your entry, remember we will be choosing a winner by the end of the week!

p3-5  Here comes summer 15.06.20

stem p3-5

Fun fact of the day: Watermelons are one of my favourite summer treats. Did you know that they are considered a vegetable? The watermelon is a member of the cucumber family, they grow just like vegetable crops do.

Have fun and stay safe

Mrs Cocozza

_________________________________________________________________

Friday 12th of June

Happy Friday Primary 3-5!

I hope you are all well! Can you believe that after today there is only 1 more Friday of school before the holidays? I hope everybody has been managing to keep busy and is trying to complete some of the Picnic tasks. Remember you can pop a message underneath the blog messages to let us know how you are getting on. It would be great to hear what you have been getting up to.

Sticking with the Disney Pixar theme here is today’s….

‘Fun Fact of the Day’ – All of the movies have hidden ‘Easter Eggs’ in them. I don’t mean chocolate Easter Eggs either, it is hidden references to other Pixar movies. If you have seen Toy Story (1/2/3) you will know that the Pizza Planet truck features in the films and is even driven by some of the characters. However, this Pizza Planet truck features in other Disney Pixar movies e.g. A Bug’s Life, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL E and even Brave to name a few! Next time you watch one of these movies see if you can spot the Pizza Planet truck!

Pizza Planet Truck | Pixar Wiki | Fandom

Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend. Relax, enjoy and stay safe!

Mrs McKechnie

Thursday 11th of June

Hello Primary 3-5!

I cannot believe it is Thursday again! The weeks are flying by so quickly and before we know it you are all going to be Primary 4’s, 5’s and 6’s!! What a day it was yesterday with all that rain, it was definitely a day for staying in the house. I made some yummy soup to keep as all warm and cosy. As I am writing this the sky is still very grey, but the sun is trying its best to pop out and say hello, so hopefully it stays dry.

Fun Fact of the Day – Did you know that Buzz Lightyear, from Toy Story (a firm favourite in my house) is named after the astronaut Buzz Aldrin? Buzz Aldrin is one of the first men to have walked on the moon! One of Buzz Lightyear’s famous quotes is ‘The important thing is that we stick together’ and I think this is very true at the moment!!

Have a brilliant day and remember I am here if you have any questions!

Mrs McKechnie

Wednesday 10th of June

Good Morning to you all!

It is Mrs McKechnie this morning! How have you all been this week? Pop a wee comment underneath to let me know. I hope you have managed to give some of our Picnic Tasks a go. Sadly, it is raining today, however all the grass and flowers could do with a drink after the dry and sunny weather we have been getting. It is the perfect day to stay inside and try to create your bug for our STEM competition. We need to pick a winner for the prize, so it would be good to see as many entries as possible! Remember you can send them to us via email using gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk.

Fun Fact of the Day – Prince Philip (the Queen’s husband) is celebrating his 99th birthday today! Next year he will be 100. What an amazing age to be!

Have a great day!

Mrs McKechnie

_______________________________________________________________________

Monday 8th of June

Good Morning boys and girls!

It’s the start of a new week and the start of our “Here Comes Summer” topic. Mrs McKecknie and I have put together lots of Picnic themed tasks that we hope you will enjoy at home.

All classes will be taking part in a STEM challenge this week and pictures can be shared on the blog or sent to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk and there will be one lucky winner chosen from each class. We have given you some ideas below, good luck and have fun. I can’t wait to see your creations.

Mrs Cocozza

Picnic Tasks p 3-5

STEM CHALLENGE – Create a bug

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 5th  of June

Happy Friday Primary 3-5!

Another school week has passed and we only have 2 more full weeks (and a few days)  before the holidays!! Remember you can send any of your completed work for us to look at to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk. Just remember to include your name and our class (P3-5) in the subject of your email so we can see it! I hope, if you are managing to do some of the work, you are taking regular breaks as it is very different completing your school work from home (we have playtime and lunchtime to rest our brains when we are at school). I have been trying to do different things when I take a break – go for a walk, do some exercise, bake some cakes or sit outside and read a book. Let me know what if you have any other ideas for relaxing.

Fun Fact of the Day – Ice cream was once called “cream ice.” What is your favourite flavour of ice cream or should I say cream ice?! I love mint choc chip!

I hope everybody has a fantastic weekend and manages to get outside to visit family or friends!

Mrs McKechnie

Thursday 4th of June

Good morning!

How is it Thursday again already? I hope you are all managing to keep busy! Please remember we are online everyday and here to answer any questions you may have.

Fun Fact of the Day – Owls cannot move their eyeballs. Can anybody tell me what they do instead?

Mrs McKechnie

Wednesday 3rd of June

Good Morning boys and girls!

I hope everybody has had a good start to the week and the beginning of June. Can you believe we only have a few more weeks until it is the summer holidays? I hope you have been managing to complete some of the tasks Mrs Cocozza and I have set for you and are managing to keep yourself busy. The good weather has been an added bonus! Remember you can email any completed work to us on gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk.

Please remember that Miss Bell has been adding fun health and wellbeing and P.E. activities for you to try (I think I might try and make a fruity face) and Mrs Warrilow has been posting music activities too! You can access these at the top right hand side of the blog

Fun Fact of the Day – On a traditional dice the opposite sides always add together to make 7 – 6 + 1, 5 + 2 and 4 + 3. Can anybody work out the total of all of the numbers on the dice?

Have a great day and remember to stay happy and positive!

Mrs McKechnie

____________________________________________________________________________________________

1st  

Good Morning to everyone,

It is the start of a new week and a new month today. I hope you have had a lovely weekend!

Mrs McKechnie and I would love to hear what you have been doing and how you found last week’s work.

Are you all set for another week of school tasks?

Literacy – Week Two     

Numeracy -Week Two

If you have any completed work you want us to see you can send it to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk. Make sure your name and class are in the subject box.

Mrs Cocozza

________________________________

Happy Friday Primary 3/5!

I hope that everybody managed to get out and enjoy some of the glorious sunshine yesterday. It is meant to be even hotter today so enjoy, but stay extra safe in that hot sun! It is the last day of school week so it would be lovely to see some of the things you have been getting up to this week.

Fun Fact of the Day – Pigs cannot look up at the sky (when standing), so they won’t be able to appreciate the lovely blue skies that we have been getting!

Have a great day and an even better weekend.

Mrs McKechnie

Thursday 28th of May 2020

Good Morning to you all!

I hope you and your families are all well and managing to keep safe and busy. There are plenty of tasks on the blog to keep you busy and remember if you have anything you want to send for us to look at the email address is:-  gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk

We would love to see some of things you have been managing to do. Miss Bell has popped some Health and Wellbeing tasks on the blog and more tasks are on the school app also. Remember the email address is for your completed work and pop your name and our class (P3-5) into the subject so we know it is you. If you just want to send us a little message you can do it here on the blog.

A fun fact for today – today is the 149th day of the year. Normally the 28th of May would be the 148th day of the year. Does anybody know why it is different this year?

Another sunny day on the cards, so get outside if you can! I managed to have my lunch in the garden yesterday. Have a great day and we will hopefully hear from some of you soon.

Mrs McKechnie

Wednesday 27th of May 2020

Good Morning Primary 3-5!

Mrs McKechnie here this morning! I hope you enjoy the tasks Mrs Cocozza and I have planned for you. It has been so lovely hearing from some of you on here and remember if you have any completed work you can email it to us:- gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk

It looks as though it is going to be another sunny day so please make sure you get out and enjoy some fresh air. I’ll be going for my daily walk and might even have a picnic lunch outside in my garden today!

Keep in touch and keep smiling!

Mrs McKechnie

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Good Morning!

Mrs McKechnie and I are so excited to start our class blog and we have been working hard to create some tasks that we think you will enjoy.

We are looking forward to hearing how you are getting on and what tasks you manage to do this week. You have literacy tasks and numeracy tasks to do each day, we have a hardworking class so I know you will do what you can.

We also know you love to draw so we have added an extra drawing challenge. Watch the clip and have a go at drawing a dog and send us a picture.

It looks as if the sun might come out today so, if you can, get outside and enjoy the sunshine too.  I have been riding my bike and enjoying some nature walks too. If you want ideas of how to keep healthy and active you can find some fun games to play indoors and outdoors on Miss Bells Healthy Living page!

What have you been doing to keep busy? Keep in touch!

Mrs Cocozza

Numeracy week 1

Literacy – Week One

DRAWING CHALLENGE

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A huge, big hello from Mrs McKechnie and Mrs Cocozza!!

We have been missing our hardworking class so much and we are so excited to have a way of keeping in touch with you all! We hope all of you, along with your families, have been managing to keep busy and stay safe whilst at home.  It has been lovely to see pictures of what some of you have been getting up to on the school app, so please keep sending your pictures to Mrs McCulloch.

As of Tuesday the 26thof May we will be posting weekly tasks on our class blog page. We have planned some fun activities and hope you will try to do as many activities as you can! (Remember we know we have a hard working class!)

If you could leave us a comment under this, so we know that you are able to see the blog that would be great! We look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible.

Mrs McKechnie and Mrs Cocozza