Auchinraith Home Learning Access

Learning Access From Home

Primary 1/2 (Mrs Manson)

Hello Primary 1/2!

22.06.20

Good morning boys and girls,

What a year this has been!

I know that it has been very strange and not what we were expecting. Mrs Manson loved being your teacher and we have loved working with you since Mrs Manson had her baby girl. She sent us a picture of Sheona smiling last week. It was so cute!

Thank you so much to everyone that had uploaded work and sent messages. We have loved seeing and reading them.

Our summer holidays begin on Wednesday at 1pm. This week we thought that it would be nice to plan a celebration for the end of the year. We have uploaded a grid of activities to help you plan and organise this. Remember to send pictures of any work that you would like us to see to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk.

We have also uploaded a word cloud for you so that you can remember all of your P1/2 friends.

Here comes the Summer Holidays

p1-2 word cloud

We are looking forward to seeing you all back in school in August.

Have a fabulous summer!

Mrs Smith and Miss Arthur

16.06.20

Parent/Carer Letter

Good afternoon everyone.

I hope you are all having a good week so far and are enjoying completing the Summer tasks for this week!

Please see below for a link to the most recent correspondence from Tony McDaid, Education Director at South Lanarkshire Council.

Parent/Carer letter

15.06.20

Here Comes Summer!!!!

Good Morning Boys and Girls, we  hope you all had a super weekend and had lots of fun with your families. Remember you can leave us a comment on the blog to let us know what you got up to.

Your tasks for this week are a little bit different. As we are approaching the summer holidays they are all focussed around the theme of ‘Here Comes Summer!’

You can choose which activities you do each day but please try to attempt as many as you can over the next week. Your Summer activity grid is attached below, we hope you have fun completing the activities. We would love to see you completing these tasks, please send any completed work or pictures to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk or tell us about what you have been doing in the comments below.

here comes the summer

Below are some extra resources to allow you to complete some tasks from the grid.

Sammy Seagull’s Summer Safety Story

scavenger hunt

Challenge!  

STEM Challenge

To make things a little bit more exciting, we have also planned a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) challenge for you to complete. The winner of the challenge might even get a little prize!

Email pictures of your challenge entry to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk by Friday 19.06.20.

Good luck!

Mrs Smith and Miss Arthur

11.06.20

Hello boys, girls and families from Primary 1/2!

As promised, Miss Arthur and Mrs Smith have been keeping me updated on how you are all getting on and I have to say I am so impressed with all your hard work. I know it has been really tricky working from home, but you are all doing so well. It doesn’t come as a surprise to me though as you have always been superstars!

It has been a very long time since we saw each other and I am missing you all very much. Thank you all so much for your very kind words and wishes on the birth of our baby girl, Sheona. She is doing really well and is almost a whole month old now – I can’t believe it! It is a shame that I am not able to bring her in to meet you all, but once school starts to get back to normal I will bring her in for a visit so that you can meet her. Thank you Eszter for your lovely drawing of Sheona and I! It is lovely!

Keep up the super work everyone. I know you will all continue to work hard and will show the same dedication towards your school work as you move into Primary 2 or 3 in the new term.

Miss Arthur and Mrs Smith will continue to let me know how you are all getting on and show me your fabulous work. Keep it up, stay safe and enjoy spending quality time with your family.

Love from,

Mrs Manson 🙂

08.06.20

Good morning everyone,

We hope that you have had another lovely weekend. We were happy that it wasn’t the rainy weekend that we were expecting. Did you manage to play outside. Your literacy and numeracy activities are uploaded below. Please try to complete as many of the activities as you can. We would love to see photos of all of your super work. Remember that you can ask a grown up to send it to gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk so that we can have a peek.

Mrs Smith and Miss Arthur

Primary 1-2 literacy 8.6.20

Primary 1-2 Numeracy 08.06.20

Thank you Eszter, John and Olivia for sending your work to us yesterday. It is wonderful to see how well you are getting on with your home learning. Keep up the good work and Keep sending it to us. We get excited when we see it.
Mrs Smith and Miss Arthur

01.06.20

Home Learning Tasks – Week Two

Good Morning, we hope you all had fun over the weekend.

We have had Lovely weather again. Mrs Smith and I have tried to spend lots of time outside enjoying the sunshine. I have been eating lots of ice lollies! What did you get up to?

I will attach your tasks for this week at the end of this post.

Continue to try your best to complete the activities each day, it can be tricky to concentrate at home but its important to continue to prepare for Primary Two and Primary Three.  We know you are all working very hard and we have been telling Mrs Manson how impressed we have been with all the pictures of your super work we have seen.

If there is any work you would like to send us please continue to email gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk 

Communication following this work will continue to be through the blog comments. If you would like to leave us a message to say hello or tell us something you have been doing please comment on the blog. We would love to hear from you!

Miss Arthur and Mrs Smith

Primary 1:2 Literacy Week Beginning 01.06.20

Primary 1:2 Numeracy Week Beginning 01.06.20

29.05.20

Good Afternoon Primary 1/2,  We hope you all have a lovely and relaxing weekend.

Thanks for all your hard work this week, we have loved seeing all of your pictures of the tasks you have completed.

Tasks for next week will be uploaded to the blog by 9am on Monday.

Speak to you all soon.

Mrs Smith and Miss Arthur

26.05.20

Completed Work

If you have any pictures of completed tasks you would like us to see, please send them to

gw19auchinraithhl@glow.sch.uk

Please put your child’s name and class as the subject heading.

This email account is for completed work only, all communication and messages should continue to be through the blog.

Looking forward to seeing all of your super work!

Mrs Smith and Miss Arthur

26.05.20

Good Morning Everyone!

We hope you have had fun over the long weekend and have enjoyed the sunshine.

Please find attached your literacy and numeracy activities for this week. Try to complete as many of the activities as you can. Try your best with each task and show everyone at home how hard you can work.

We look forward to hearing how you have gotten on and will be online between 2pm and 3pm. If you have any questions, want to tell us about an activity you have enjoyed or just want to say hello please leave us a comment.

Mrs Smith and Miss Arthur

Primary 1-2 literacy 26.05.20

Primary 1-2 Numeracy 26.05.20

Hello Primary 1/2