Life in space recount

Life in space by Celeste

Me and my family have now been in space for just over 10 months.  We have just passed Neptune! It was as blue as the sea. We are venturing further into our space journey.

The food in space is okay but it is very dry and as crunchie as the bark from an Oak tree. It doesn’t really smell of anything, even the space sweets don’t smell. There is no water in anything so it is like you are eating sand. We have to drink out of pouches with a straw in it.

There are a lot of rooms in the rocket. When we first got in the rocket it felt like a maze. My bedroom is tiny and I need to strap myself in at night to my bed.  One time Plouto didn’t get strapped in his bed properly so when I woke up I found him floating around still sleeping. The toilet is really odd! It’s like a vacuum with a cup on the end.

The gym is very important for keeping us healthy. There is an exercise bike and it doesn’t even have a seat! There is a treadmill and it is vertical so it looks like you might fall off. Lastly there is a weight lifting machine. That is very important to keep your arms strong.

On the rocket there is a lot of work to do like fixing wires and screwing in screws. We sometimes need to do work on the outside. When that happens we have to do a space walk. It is often nerve wracking but not all the time.

Being in space is very fun but it is also hard work because there are a lot of jobs to do.