For my own personal safety:
- I will treat my username and password like my toothbrush – I will not share it, nor will I try to use any other person’s username and password. I understand that I should not write down or store a password where it is possible that someone may steal it.
I will not share personal information about myself or others when I’m online.
- I will tell and adult that I trust if I see any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable.
I will act as I expect others to act toward me:
- I will respect others’ work and property and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other user’s files, without the owner’s knowledge and permission.
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
- I will not take or share images of anyone without their permission.
- I understand that being a responsible digital citizen means that I have the same standards of relationships and behaviour in an online community as I do in the school community.
When using the internet for research or fun, I know that:
- I should ensure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work
- Where work is protected by copyright, I will not try to download copies (including music and videos)
- When I am using the internet to find information, I should take care to check that the information that I access is accurate, as I understand that the work of others may not be truthful and may be a deliberate attempt to mislead me