Senior School Prelims start on Friday 23 January until Friday 6 February 2015.
As part of the preparation for the external examination, all S4/S5/S6 pupils will experience a Prelim Exam in each of their National Qualifications for National 5/Higher/Advanced Higher courses and the timetable for this can be found at the right hand side of this page or by clicking here. Last Updated 20/01/15
Following the S4 Parents’ Information Evening, the majority of parents opted for a flexible model of Study Leave which is designed to include the following:
* All pupils should attend school each day unless they have an examination. Pupils will be given permission to be absent from school for the full day of any examination.
* On the days that pupils attend school they will follow their normal timetable and will have supervised study for their forthcoming Prelim Exams. Pupils are responsible for bringing relevant revision materials to school as required.
* S4/S5/S6 pupils who do not have any Prelim Exams to prepare for will be given consolidation material during class time.
* All learning and teaching will be suspended for S4/S5/S6 during the diet of Prelim Exams.
* All homework tasks will be suspended for S4/S5/S6 during the diet of Prelim Exams.
Should you wish any further information regarding S4/S5/S6 Prelim Examinations, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Devine at the school, 0141 582 0180.
Its that time of year when we celebrate the success, talents and activities going on in and around the school and its community. Please make sure you read the latest newsletter published by the school as there are important dates and information for next term.
All newsletters can be accessed under the heading PARENTS > NEWSLETTERS or should you wish to access the latest newsletter, click the link to the right of this post or click here.
On Friday 18th January, over forty S5 students took part in a residential Study Weekend at Rowardennan Youth Hostel. The weekend was designed to support our 3+Higher candidates in preparing for their Prelim Exams.
Students benefitted from a wide range of small group tutorials over the course of the weekend. Subject specialists delivered sessions in the following areas- English, Maths, French, Geography, History, Modern Studies, Music, Drama, Physics, Biology and Health and Food Technology. Pupils also had the opportunity to participate in Study Skills workshops. Our students enjoyed a quality programme of intensive study in each of these areas.
Despite a very busy timetable, a good time was had by all. Our students were an absolute credit to themselves, their families and the school. Feedback from staff and pupils has been extremely positive and S5 are already asking when the next Study Weekend is. Planning has now begun for next year. For more photos click here.
‘In recognition that times are changing, Morgan Stanley now appreciates that not all school leavers will have the means or the interest in pursuing a university degree. For those who are both ambitious and academically strong we would like to offer an alternative – an opportunity to study towards a professional qualification while gaining both practical industry experience and earning a salary.
Due to the success of the Programme which was introduced in 2011, in September 2013 we will be looking to start further school leavers on the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification through our Finance Apprenticeship.