School Library

Welcome to the new Lourdes Library newsletter! It will be going out monthly, and all pupils are encouraged to get involved. In this first issue, there is a great short story and some art work from S1 pupils. There’s also information about borrowing books; at least for next week, the Library isn’t open for getting books, but pupils can request books to be delivered to their classrooms. Some of the new books just arrived in the Library are also featured in the newsletter to help pupils with their requests. More regular updates are available via the Library Team, so please encourage your children to sign up to the Team. They can also get ebooks and audiobooks for free with their school library card, using Libby on their iPads – the newsletter gives more information about this. Anybody with a Glasgow Library card can access these books as well, so try it out – the Libby app is also available on phones. I will introduce a new e-resource in each issue of the newsletter, but you can also find them all here: https://libcat.csglasgow.org/web/arena/eresources. The Library Role-Playing Games Club has been running via Teams throughout lockdown, but I hope to start other clubs and activities again before the summer holidays.

I hope you enjoy the newsletter and will keep reading.

Ms O’Neill
School Librarian

Library – Open Evening

Library Competition