The Maklou Bird.

It was a cold winter night.  I  was reading my book about tiny birds when I heard a terrific squawking coming from the piano room. I frowned. Trevor my budgie had died years ago when I was  7 so what was making that awful noise?  I felt very sorry for it. I  decided to see what was going on. Standing on the  concert piano was an exquisite peacock green bird with a  rounded beak  like that of a toucan. Scientists had believed it to be it extinct. It was called the Maklou bird and the rest of it’s kind had exploded

2 Replies to “The Maklou Bird.”

1. Thank you for sharing your writing for 100WC. You have effectively used different sentence lengths, super descriptive language and really involved me as a reader by asking questions, almost as if you were speaking directly to me – lovely! I especially liked the way that you linked birds throughout the story with reading your book, poor old Trevor and the unexplained Maklou bird. You have left me wondering if it is going to explode on the concert piano now…
    I really enjoyed reading your writing.