GRANDPARENTS

I think that grandparents are important because they have very important jobs like a baker or knitting things for people but they aren’t that important. Some people think that there important because they give them sweeties.My grandparents aren’t special because all they do is sit in there house watching how to cook because they cant cook. They’ve never been able to and they never will. The first time my gran dad tried to put the TV on it blew up. My mum thinks there important because there her mum and dad. My dad doesn’t think there important either because.

Car Racing

In the afternoon of 16th of march primary 4-7 all made cars to race and do obstacle courses.  Each car had to race, and avoid obstacles.   Each group had to do a presentation on what they have learned throughout the week.   The winning group that came first in all the races were Daniel’s group.

Science

It is science and engineering week so p4/5 and p6/7 are doing science all week.  Our aim is to be able to successfully make a car by the end of the week. We are also trying to know Newton’s three laws off by heart, the first one is when forces acting on an object are balanced,it will remain at rest or move in a straight line at constant speed, the second rule is force=mass x acceleration and finally the third rule is every action has an equal and opposite reaction. On Monday we had science activities in groups to complete my group is Daniel Ewan Izzy and I . My favourite activity was buoyancy!:)

JUNIOR SALTIRE UPDATE

Our Science Club has spent some time now considering all aspects of wave power design and have done really well to come up with some innovative designs to enter for the competition.  Building them may prove a little more tricky, but we are looking forward to giving it a go.

Some of the issues we had to think about;

Floating and stability- Did we need weights to make our designs more stable in the water? Should we use wave breakers to keep it in position?

Electricity generation- How often does the magnet need to pass through the coils?  Friction of the magnet on a surface, lining the magnet and coils up.

Wave movement- How does the way waves move affect design?  Will all designs work, or does it depend on direction, height and frequency of waves.

Next week is National science week and we are doing lots of exciting things to do with movement.  Hopefully we will have time to blog and tell you all about it.