I think that grandparents are important because they have very important jobs like a baker or knitting things for people but they aren’t that important. Some people think that there important because they give them sweeties.My grandparents aren’t special because all they do is sit in there house watching how to cook because they cant cook. They’ve never been able to and they never will. The first time my gran dad tried to put the TV on it blew up. My mum thinks there important because there her mum and dad. My dad doesn’t think there important either because.

In the afternoon of 16th of march primary 4-7 all made cars to race and do obstacle courses.  Each car had to race, and avoid obstacles.   Each group had to do a presentation on what they have learned throughout the week.   The winning group that came first in all the races were Daniel’s group.

This week was Science and engineering week we had to make car in each group I was in a group we also had to make up a presentasion well our group had to do ours about our paper plains and para shoots it was a grate week!!!

It is science and engineering week so p4/5 and p6/7 are doing science all week.  Our aim is to be able to successfully make a car by the end of the week. We are also trying to know Newton’s three laws off by heart, the first one is when forces acting on an object are balanced,it will remain at rest or move in a straight line at constant speed, the second rule is force=mass x acceleration and finally the third rule is every action has an equal and opposite reaction. On Monday we had science activities in groups to complete my group is Daniel Ewan Izzy and I . My favourite activity was buoyancy!:)

on Monday it was the start of science and engineering week. on the afternoon we got our groups. in my group it was me, Aileas,Danni,Helen and Torin. we learnt  about forces.

Everyone really enjoyed our science week.We all joined in on great activities and it was a fantastic week.

Our Science Club has spent some time now considering all aspects of wave power design and have done really well to come up with some innovative designs to enter for the competition.  Building them may prove a little more tricky, but we are looking forward to giving it a go.

Some of the issues we had to think about;

Floating and stability- Did we need weights to make our designs more stable in the water? Should we use wave breakers to keep it in position?

Electricity generation- How often does the magnet need to pass through the coils?  Friction of the magnet on a surface, lining the magnet and coils up.

Wave movement- How does the way waves move affect design?  Will all designs work, or does it depend on direction, height and frequency of waves.

Next week is National science week and we are doing lots of exciting things to do with movement.  Hopefully we will have time to blog and tell you all about it.

We are going to try and take pat in this years junior saltire competition, which is to design a wave powered electricity generator.  Here are some commercial examples of wave power generation to start off with.
Limpet Animation

Pelarmis

Oyster

Here is a diagram of the Islay LIMPET wave powered generato.

Link here for ocean wave energy.

Wave power great video for ideas.

Today we were doing fractions and we used fruit like strawberries, apples ,bananas, chocolate and oranges. Mrs Clark did a taste test and my group won.

In maths we are learning about fractions! Halfs, quarters and lots more but my favourite is quarters.
By Emily p4

© 2011 PEPS Techno and Science Geeks Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha
Report inappropriate content