Wednesday 25th March

Wednesday 25th March

Warm up task = write a letter to your favourite celebrity and ask them how they are getting on with self-isolation. Tell them about your experience so far.

Main task

Create comprehension questions about your favourite book for someone at home. This can be a non-fiction or fiction book. Target = 8 questions including different question words.

Grammar

Colons and semi-colons – read the examples and explanations and write 2 sentences for each.

Maths

Warm up = play hit the button 10 minutes – you can do times tables, division, doubles, square numbers etc. challenge someone in your house to a game.

Main task

Negative numbers final lesson.

Word problem of the day

I am playing a new computer game. I have 0 points to start. I score 37 points in the first level, 26 points in the second level and 55 points in the third level.

How many points do I have now?

Unfortunately, I make a huge mistake on the fourth level and lost 250 points. What is my score now? (hint:  it’s a negative number).

Don’t forget to do some exercise! Today I am going to skip for 10 minutes and go for a run including some hill sprints!

ICT

If you would like some extra learning why don’t you make something on scratch to help you improve your coding.