My Endeavour Quilt Making

When we started doing our Endeavour, I decided that I would do mine on quilt making.  The first time, I set myself up and wrote a letter to one of the Islay Quilters.  A few weeks after I got a reply from someone called Rae Woodrow, she was one of the Islay Quilters that said she would help me with my project.  I phoned her to say when it would be available for her to come over and she said on a Tuesday at 2, oclock, I was excited!  On the first visit I showed my design and picked the materials to suit my quilt.  I have learned a lot throughout the weeks and I have now got the basics of making a quilt.  I was so interested in making one that I have got four squares finished and two ready to attach them all together.  From now on I  hope to get my quilt finished and I will be entering the Grand Exhibition, it’s for people who have made a quilt or something to do with quilting.

By Danni Barker

One Reply to “My Endeavour Quilt Making”

1. Good luck with your new hobby and the Grand Exhibition. How lovely of Rae to help you, are the children going to be having a go?