Homework 14/12/15

Numeracy Challenge

Can you plan and cost the price of Christmas dinner for your family? What is the best value for money you have found?

• Write a list of all the items you need for your family Christmas dinner. (Don’t forget drinks and crackers!)
  • Research how much the items cost – you can do this online or with an adult if you are in the shops.
  • Identify what is best value for money. Were all of the items from the same shop or would you have to go to different shops?
  • Include a conclusion detailing what you have found.

Literacy Challenge

Can you write a Christmas poem? Using everything you have learned so far, choose your own structure to follow and create a poem!

• Choose your structure (repetitive, Haiku, ‘I Am’, acrostic…)
  • Describe Christmas and what it means to you
  • Make clear stanzas
  • Include a metaphor or simile
  • Include personification
  • Choose appropriate punctuation
  • Illustrate your poem

IDL Challenge

Create a greetings card to send to someone at this time of year. Use Charles Rennie Mackintosh designs to help you create your own!

This will be our last homework blog for this year! I would like to thank everyone for their hard work and for the many homework items I have seen where the effort made by primary seven pupils has been clear. I wish everyone a safe and wonderful Christmas together and look forward to our first homework blog after New Year.

Mrs Park