Your home learning tasks have been created to give you a wide range of activities to complete at home. These activities are based on different skills and areas we have been learning about in class. In the pack there is a new jotter for you to use and your log-in details for different educational websites and Glow. We will be using our class page on Teams to keep you up to date.
Below is some guidance for undertaking the activities:
Àireamhachd | Numeracy
– Use Education City, Sumdog and Topmarks to play a range of maths games. On Education City there are a number of My Cities setup for your stage, covering topics we have learned about. You can also search for any game you wish.
– Each pack has TeeJay Gaelic worksheets related to the topics of Time and Measure. Answer and complete Teejay questions in your maths homework jotter, making sure you follow the layout guide.
– There are also Heinemann workbooks for numeracy and maths which can be worked through.
Litearrachd | Literacy
– Spelling: Your spelling words from this year so far are included in your pack. Use this time to consolidate and revise your words. When doing spelling choose at least 2 activities from the spelling homework grid. Try using your words in sentences, paragraphs or in a short story.
– Reading: Your log-in for Giglets is in your pack. Use this to read as many Gaelic books as you can. There is associated work and questions with each book on Giglets. If you’ve read a book check to see if there is work to complete along with it. We can see which books you have been reading!
– Writing: In your pack there are some story starter activities. Use these to create exciting stories for us to read, the writing criteria is also there for you to use.
Other Home Learning Activities
– There is a grid of exciting activities for you to follow! Choose which activities you are wanting to do each day and use your jotter to record your work.
– For French activities use Google translate to check your work. There will also be PowerPoints on our Teams page.
You should regularly check your emails on Glow and our class Teams page to see for any new information.
Remember if you need any help to ask us, we’re always here to answer your questions.
Remember that our Whinhill Gaelic Padlet is available to support you and provides Gaelic links, videos, games, resources and parent support.
Have fun, stay safe and remember to wash your hands!
Le gach deagh dhùrachd,
Gàidhlig Primary 4-7
Click on the link below for weekly learning