Junior Road Safety Officers
Join Mrs Valerio every Wednesday on the walking bus! In Term 3 (starting on Feb 21st) we are meeting across the road from Merino Court at 8.40am, we will be leaving at 8.45am.
We have created a Whinhill Safe Driver Charter to make our school and the areas around our school safer for pupils. We have specially made car window stickers designed by a Whinhill pupil. Once you sign up to our charter you will receive a sticker.
WHINHILL SAFE DRIVER CHARTER
– park in a safe and appropriate area and not in the staff car park.
– park in disabled spaces only if I have a disabled badge on display.
– park where I do not obstruct corners and driveways all around our school.
– park safely on the road and never on the kerb.
– park away from the school bus bay.
– park where I can let children out on the pavement and not the roadside.
– protect my child by not using my mobile phone while driving.
– advise anyone who is dropping my child off at school to follow these rules
Please follow our charter and make Whinhill safe for all of our pupils.