Skills for Learning, Life and Work
At Whinhill, pupils will be encouraged to identify their skills for learning, life and work. Our pupils learn skills as part of their class work. Pupils are encouraged to reflect on the skills used during learning activities and as they progress, understand how these skills are applied to different situations and environments.
Throughout their learning our pupils:
- Understand the importance of skills development
- Recognise what skills they are developing and the context they apply
- Be able to develop the level of skills they have as their learning progresses
- Be able to articulate their skills and recognise when/how to apply them
- Be able to plan for their own skills progression
- Appreciate how their skills are applied beyond school and into employment
Throughout lessons, pupils reflect on 4 Key Questions.
- For those children who have reached the successful application stage to be able to experience going through the whole interview process.
- For Primary 6/7’s to design and create jobs that they can be responsible for planning and organising during lunchtime. (lunchtime club)
- Encouraging more parental involvement i.e. DYW – world of work week