Primary 2 – Home Learning 6.5.20

Bonjour Primary 2!
We hope you have had a lovely, long weekend and have been able to get out and enjoy some sunshine. Attached below is a new grid for learning Literacy, Numeracy and Across the Curriculum for the next 2 weeks. However, we know that this is only a short week because of the holiday so you will not complete as many tasks. We are delighted to see some of you uploading photos to your Learner’s Journal to share your learning – thank you and keep up the good work! Please also remember to take time for play, rest, fun and family activities. The learning grids are a guide and can be adapted to suit your child’s needs and your individual family circumstances.
For Woody, Pumba, Buzz and Simba groups – you will be looking at play scripts this week. Here is the short playscript mentioned on the learning grid for you to read and maybe even act out with members of your family!
You may also enjoy watching a pantomime to see a play in action. What are the characters in it? What is the setting and can you come up with some of the stage directions that may be used?
Also, on the Learning Across the Curriculum grid there is an experiment to try. Here are the details:
If you are in need of a brain break at any point – here are some of your favourites from school. I am sure they will make someone in your family giggle!
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions either through this blog or by sending a message through Learner’s Journals.
Thank you for continuing support,
Mrs Oliver and Miss Rafferty

4 thoughts on “Primary 2 – Home Learning 6.5.20”

1. Bonjour Lorena! That’s very exciting that your tooth has come out, you’ll need to put it under your pillow tonight and see if you get a visit from the tooth fairy! It’s wonderful day weather wise and very warm. That sounds like a very good idea! I look forward to see your pictures. Enjoy the sunshine and the freshly cooked bread.
    Miss Rafferty x

2. Bonjour Miss Rafferty! I hope you had a lovely long weekend! Guess what! My fourth tooth came out this morning, it was really wobbly! I had lovely walks with mummy in the park and today we will stay outside in the garden all day, it is so hot! Mummy will put some pictures of some of the activities I did these days on Learning Journal after she bakes the bread. Have a lovely sunny day! x

3. Hello Harris lovely to hear from you! I’m so sorry to hear about your finger, I hope it is on the mend. I am sure you were very brave !!
    My holiday weekend was very quiet but I’ve been trying to get into the garden as much as possible. That’s great you have been able to access the new activity sheets and education city games. It’s another beautiful day so hopefully you can spend some time in the garden. Take care with your finger.
    Miss Rafferty x

4. Good morning Miss Rafferty. How are you? Did you enjoy the holiday weekend? I did, but I ended up in the hospital on sunday night with a broken pinkie. I had been playing football with my sister in the garden in the afternoon, I went to save the ball as she went to kick it, and she accidentally kicked my hand. It got blacker as time went on, so daddy took me to A&E. I got an xray and got to see my broken bone on the doctors ipad. He gave me a sticker for being brave and keeping still. It’s my left hand, so I can still do my work. I am just going outside to do my spelling and I have enjoyed the new games on education city this morning. Talk soon, Love Harris x