Do You Know Your Rights?

As a part of our hard work on Rights Respecting Schools we have now covered many of the United Nation ‘rights’ in school. We are currently working towards achieving our silver award! Why not share your learning at home or ask your parents to discuss some of the rights we have yet to learn?

Attached below is a copy of the ‘Child Friendly Rights’ – hi-lighted in yellow are the rights we have covered in school.  Now let’s try to learn EVERY right!

rights of the child covered

Image result for rights of the child

30 thoughts on “Do You Know Your Rights?”

1. I really liked learning about artticle one that everyone in the world has a right and it feelsgood to know that!

2. I have really enjoyed learning these rights and my favourite article is ‘ Article 7 you have a right to a name’.

🙂

3. I really liked learning about article one that everyone in the world has rights and it feelsgood to know that!

4. I have really enjoyed learning about the rights of the child in our class and we even made up a song about 4 basic rights. Say, play, private, school.

5. I really liked learning about article one that everyone in the world has rights and it feels good to know that!

6. I enjoyed learning about Article 15 because it shows you that whatever happens you can always have friends.

7. I really enjoyed learning about Article 1. The right that every child under the age of 18 has the right to all the rights. I liked this right because it gives every child aged under 18 an opportunity to be like every other child …like they should be.

8. I like article 12 as you have te right to say. It is intresting because some people dont have the right to say or any rights.

9. My favourite right is article 12 you should always have your own opinion and that an adult should listen and take it seriously.

10. My favourite article is article 16 you have the right to privacy because everyone should have some alone time if they want to.