Dundonald Road / Grammar School Area (Early 1900s)

This picture shows the very top of Holmes Road at the junction with Aird Avenue. The first four pictures all date to approximately 1925 – 1930.

Aird Avenue

This wonderful image with the horse and cart is from Dundonald Road. The Howard Park is to the right, with the houses to the left. The steeple from St Andrew’s & St Marnock’s Church can be seen in the distance.

Dundonald Road

If you look closely, this is the junction of Dundonald Road and Holmes Road, with Point House in the middle.

Point House

Rugby Park junction

This next great photograph is of Point House when it was the last house heading out of town on Dundonald Road. It was kindly  given to us by Mrs Work. Her family believes it may date to the very early 1900s.

Point House 1900

4 thoughts on “Dundonald Road / Grammar School Area (Early 1900s)”

1. The bungalow across from point house was our family home! It still is in our family. Jack Armstrong p3 now lives here. I have never seen this picture before. My dad was born in the house two up from point house on the same side. My aunt still lives there and she will love this photo! It must date to around 1934. Thank you very much for posting it.

2. I’m glad they’ll enjoy looking at it. Not sure which date exactly. I was told 1922 which is definitely wrong, but other than that… Keep looking for more photos which I will add a bit at a time.

3. My Mum was born & raised in 10 Dundonald Rd (now Sherriff’s Court) in 1932-1950’s. She also went to the Grammar School & many great pics taken at Howard Park.