Family Learning Support

Family learning Hub

Below is a link to East Ayrshire’s Family Learning Hub. If you click on the link it will take you to a Home Learning Blog page. The headings at the top contain ideas and links for families to help  give suggestions for fun family learning during the lockdown and beyond.

East Ayrshire Sumdog Competition

Remember to play Sumdog this week to help Gargieston in the competition running for East Ayrshire Schools. Good luck!

Hobbies and Clubs

Hello everyone. We thought it would be a nice idea to continue to share photos during this period of online learning. I know that some of the children’s clubs will be continuing via zoom and they will still be doing their hobbies at home. Therefore, the next video will be of the children enjoying their hobbies and participating in their clubs. If you could email me any photos to danielle.kinnaird@eastayrshire.org.uk by 3pm on Thursday that would be fantastic, thank you.

ECC – Update

Hi everybody. I hope you have all enjoyed your activities that your key worker has posted for you on your learning journals this week. Please remember that there is extra activities provided on our ECC page on this site. Select Early Childhood Centre from the options at the top of this page, then select ECC news 2020 – 2021 from the drop down menu. Please look out for our stars of the week today. Have a lovely weekend and well done for all of your hard work.

Snow video.

Thank you for sending me all of your lovely snow pictures. It put a huge smile on my face creating this, seeing all the smiling faces of Gargieston’s fantastic children having fun. Enjoy! (If you click on the link below it should take you directly to the Sway with the video, you can make the video full screen by clicking on the button on the bottom right hand side of the presentation)

https://sway.office.com/2TDvOdlSwkAfTSsy?ref=Link

The Rainbow Children

Many of our children will already be busy learning their Scottish poem – we can’t wait to hear them all!

I hope that you will start your Tuesday by listening to this short poem which is for all of our children at Gargieston – our Rainbow Children.

I hope that they will always remember to dream big and shoot for the moon. Even if they miss, they will land among the stars!

The Rainbow Children

**IT Issues**

We are aware of a national issue with MS Teams this morning.  We have been informed that this is being worked on and it is hoped that the issue will be resolved soon.

Snow Day Pictures

I will be putting together a little video for both staff and pupils to enjoy, with photos of everyone having fun in the lovely snow that we had. This video will be shared on the main blog page. If you would like to send in any photos to be included then please send these to my email address: danielle.kinnaird@eastayrshire.org.uk. Thank you, and I can’t wait to see all your photos! Please have your images emailed to me by 9am on the 13th to be included in the video 🙂

snow-day-clipart-1 - The Barnehage

Parent Council Minutes

The minutes from the latest Parent Council meeting are now uploaded into the PC section of the blog .

Primary 1 Registration for session 21-22

Please see information below from East Ayrshire Council regarding the process for P1 registration for children who are due to start school in August 2021.

The process will take place online this year due to Covid-19 restrictions.  This saddens me as I believe that our process of individual appointments where parents can meet with me and ask specific questions before completing the registration documents followed by a tour of our school from our Gargie Guides is a very positive start to your child’s transition into Primary 1 with us.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that parents will be able to access the school for some time.  Once the children return to school, we will share a virtual tour of Base 1 with you with examples of the learning experiences that your child will enjoy when they start Primary 1.

All children who were born between 1st March 2016 and 28 February 2017 should be registered for school even if you are considering deferring their entry to school.

If you have any questions or concerns about the registration process, placing requests or deferring your child’s entry to school, please do not hesitate to contact me at the school or via email.

Julie McKee

P1 Registration to attend school, for children whose 5th birthday falls between 1 March 2016 and 28 February 2017 takes place during the week Monday 11 January 2021 until Friday 15 January 2021.

To register please complete the P1 Registration form at http://eastayrshi.re/enrolAtSchool no later than Friday 15 January 2021.

If you are unable to register online then please phone your local school who will assist you to register your child.

To register your child you will require to upload a copy of your child’s birth certificate and two proofs of your residence in the catchment area in the form of a Council Tax Notice or Utility Bill.  Should you require a copy of your child’s birth certificate for Registration, this can be obtained at www.certificates.scot