Today we are going to learn about the sense of taste (I can taste with my tongue)
1- Start with Five senses song
2 – What have you tasted at breakfast/lunch today?
How did they taste?
- Sweet (like honey)
- Sour (like a lemon)
- Salty (like crisps and sausages)
- Bitter (like dark chocolate and cocoa powder)
3. Easter nest activity
Tracey had this great idea about cooking Science and I thought I would share it with you. Can you make an Easter nest? Find the recipe below or use your own.
- 200g milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 85g shredded wheat, crushed
- 2 x 100g bags mini chocolate eggs
- cupcakes case
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Pour the chocolate over the shredded wheat and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the chocolate wheat into 12 cupcake cases and press the back of a teaspoon in the centre to create a nest shape.
- Place 3 mini chocolate eggs on top of each nest.
- Chill the nests in the fridge for 2 hrs until set.
Taste it! Yummy!!!
Does it taste sweet or salty?