Class 6 have been exploring the earth

Group YPI Donations Needed

Group 8 would like to help a local charity called ‘The West Lothian School Bank’. We are asking for donations of any school uniform, shoes and jackets. Also items such as pencils, pens, school  bags and lunch boxes etc. These can be used and in good condition or brand new. Any help would be much appreciated. Drop off point is in the language room where group 8 are based.

Term 2 Highlights Group 6

Group 6 have been very busy this term.  They have been enjoying stories and rhyme time.  During cooking they have used different equipment to measure – spoons, scales measuring jugs and cups – and different food preparation techniques – peeling, slicing, cutting and mixing.  The children have enjoyed using different technologies and have been participating in household chores, next term we hope to make snack, lay a table and invite a guest to join us……watch this space.  The children have been playing a variety of board games and physical activities.  Cycling on the Go Kart and the swing are both popular activities.

Group 6 wish all the other children, staff and families a happy Easter and we will see you in Term 3 – hopefully a sunny term 3 😉

Snow Day Photos

Thank you to Leah, Christopher and Luke for sending in their Snow Day photos. They look fantastic. Your prizes will be sent home next week.

World Book Day

Thank you to our friends at Waterstone’s in Livingston who exchaged over 70 of our Book Day tokens for new books to use in Pinewood. These will be used in Language, the school library and for our new homework bags. Well done to Group 8 who collected the books today.

How I came up with the Blue Sensory name and Logo

Hi everyone, this is the designer of the Blue Sensory logo. Here is how I designed the logo and came up with the name of our company, Blue Sensory. I came up with the name by combining two things, the colour blue from the pinewood school logo and sensory from the sensory toys that we make. The logo is a hand holding slime (the slime in the logo I made was just a circle, I’m going to ask my teacher if I could redesign it) the logo just came off the top of my head.

Kai

Class 6 love the slime and dough that has been made by Pinewood’s new enterprise company Blue Sensory Company

Blue Sensory Company

Groups 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 have started
a new business in Pinewood S chool.
The of name our business is called
Blue Sensory. We are making play dough,
slime and Sensory bottles. We have made our
first delivery. Watch this space for
photographs and how to order.The Blue Sensory Company.

Scottish Week 2018

There were lots of things happening in different classes for Scottish Week – lots of art, cooking, food tasting and music! The primary had a fantastic time at their Scottish Celebration Ceilidh and the secondary did a fabulous job of running a cafe on the Friday.

Literacy Week

Our Literacy Week in November was very successful! We had a visit from Ron Fairweather who was a super storyteller – he had us all very engaged in his funny stories! Some classes also enjoyed some shared reading time with P7 pupils from Murrayfield. Our Leavers group lead some story sack sessions with the early years’ classes – they did a fantastic job of reading to the pupils and keeping them engaged. All the classes made a fantastic effort in the ‘decorate your door’ competition – Class 5 won the primary prize and Group 9 won the secondary prize. Thank you to our head boy and girl for judging!