Primary 2 Snow Day Update

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a great time in the snow. I really enjoyed sledging and building igloos with my boys yesterday. Today I think we might try to build a bigger igloo.  Mrs Steel from P1/2 built a big igloo yesterday and when we are back at school I will show you photos of it. It is amazing!  Don’t forget to post a message or photo on the blog to let everyone know if you managed to build an igloo or a snow arctic fox.

World Book Day

Did you know that today is World Book Day? When you are having a break from the snow, why don’t you read your favourite book? You could even dress up as your favourite character or act out the book for your family. If you would like more ideas for World Book Day you can check out their website here:

http://www.worldbookday.com/

Arctic Exploring

This weather is great for imagining what an arctic explorer does. Wouldn’t it be easier to travel around with a sled and husky dogs? Think about what a polar explorer would be eating on an expedition and what do you need to eat to give you energy for all the snow activities you are doing?

Having so much snow is very unusual. If you can, please draw a picture of you in the snow or take a photo and post it on the blog. How deep is the snow today? Is it up to your knees or even deeper?

Yesterday I posted some ideas of activities you could do when you are off school. Remember you don’t have to do all of them. The most important thing is that you are enjoying the snow with your families.

Have fun and stay safe!

Mrs Muir