Good morning Primary 2/3. I hope you have another fun day in the snow! A big thank you to Rory and Safia for commenting on our blog, telling us what activities they have been doing.
Thursday 1st March is World Book Day!! Let’s celebrate books!!
http://www.worldbookday.com/resources/primary/. (Lots of ideas in this link)
Today’s suggested book activities
1. Read a variety of books with your family. You can then bring them into school and tell the class all about it!
2. Design a new front cover for one of your favourite books.
3. Draw a picture of your favourite character and surround them with wonderful adjectives that best describe this character.
4. Create a quiz about your favourite book that you could ask your friends to see how well they know the book.
5. Write a book review about your book. What is your favourite part? What is the book about? Would you recommend the book?
6. Become an author and begin to write and illustrate your very own book!
Suggested activities for Maths:
1. Primary 2 practise counting forwards and backwards up to 100. Try counting up and down in 2s. Continue practising doubling numbers. Mental addition and subtraction within 20.
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting (lots of online games)
2. Primary 3 practise odd and even numbers upto 100. Practise 2,5 and 10 times table. Mental additions and subtraction with 100. Create your own chimney sums.
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/mental-maths (lots of online games)
Suggested activists for other curricular areas:
1. Write down/draw 5 interesting facts about the Romans using online resources or books.
2. Draw a picture of the coliseum in Rome.
3. Draw a picture of a Roman Gladiator.
4. On yesterday’s last post I asked you to pack for an arctic exploration- have you tried this?
5. Let’s bake a cake!! Use your reading skills and maths skills to follow a set of instructions and carefully use weighing scales. You will need an adult to help you with this activity!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/spongecake_1284. (Just a suggestion)
6. Build a snowman, make snow angels, go sledging or go for a walk. All great ways to get some fresh air and burn off some energy.
Remember if you have any questions or want to share what you have been doing today, feel free to post in the comments section below. If you wish to post a picture, sent it to the school email and Mr Shanks can post it on the blog.
Enjoy today P2/3 and stay safe!