Primary 4 3.6.16

I will begin by saying a huge well done to all of the primary 3s, 4s and 5s in their excellent efforts in the school show. It was absolutely fantastic and all your hard work definitely paid off. I was a very proud teacher on Wednesday with what you managed to achieve. I’m sure all of the parents agree!

We began our week with our last community trip – to Morrisons. There, we had a tour around the counters and areas of the store including the fruit and veg isle, where we learned of strange foods and where they came from, the fish isle, where we learned how they gut a fish before sale and also had a tour ‘behind the scenes’. We learned of how the store collected and sorted deliveries and even how the store recycled their packaging! We even got to taste foods from all areas of the store, including pancakes and tiger bread from the bakery, a fruit cocktail from the fresh produce and cheese from the refrigerators. It was very interesting, and we thank Mrs Hendry for organising our visit.

100_8761100_8762100_8766100_8769100_8782

We have been busy presenting our mini-beasts to Primary 4/3 where we showed them our 3D models, plans and leaflets. We are busy learning about power point and how to use it to create quizes and linked slides using the information we wroteΒ in our leaflets.

Reminders:

Please sign homework diaries

Please return any costumes your child has brought home. Thank you to those who have already done this.

Monday – Indoor PE Kit

Tuesday Outdoor PE Kit

Homework:

Due Friday 10th – Maths for Miss Smith’s Class. (Sorry I didn’t put a date on last week’s blog for the homework and due to the show it was only handed out on Thursday.)

Due Friday 10th – Spelling as normal (this will be the last week of spelling for Primary 4. Your child will move into Primary 5 with on the target they finish on this day.

Due Friday 10th – Reading pages and an activity.

Red –Β Β Read again from page 78 to the end of the book with a parent.

Blue – p.102 – 114

Green – Ch 6

6 thoughts on “Primary 4 3.6.16”

1. I don’t want to finish school because it is fun πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ™…πŸΎπŸ™…πŸ½πŸ™…πŸΌπŸ™…πŸ»

2. I like all the fun things we do in school because we work alote we make nice artie thins and I enjoy it because we sometimes learn a new thing everyday.😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

3. Sorry, we’re not licensed to sell DVDs of the performance – we’re only allowed one for assessment purposes.

4. I will speak to Mr Shanks with regards to the DVD but I’m positive due to copyright agreements it cannot be sold. I will get back to you when I find out.

5. The show was fantastic and so funny well done to everyone involved what a great effort and you could tell the children really loved performing it! Will there be any opportunity to buy copies of the dvd?