As your child’s prime educator you already provide lots of learning opportunities for your children’s education. During this time continue to engage your children in all the experiences you already provide at home. We have also compiled a bank of suggested activities to help your child access the school curriculum. We hope you find these helpful!
- Count to 30 in 2s.
- Count to 50 in 5’s
- Count to 100 in 10’s
- Practise building and drawing arrays, e.g 5 rows of 2 (5×2)
- Draw a clock can you make different times on the clock – (o’clock, half past)
- Play ‘Hit the Button’ (www.topmarks.co.uk) and practise your addition and subtraction.
- Money up to 50p. Set up a shop and practise counting your money to pay for items – get an adult to check you are doing this correctly.
- Browse other games on the Topmarks website and try out a few different games to revise things we have learned in class.
- Your child may enjoy episodes of Numberjacks on Youtube.
- Continue to revise all of the sounds, phonemes and common words taught so far. Can they spot these in any of their story books?
- Daily diary – Ask your child to write a sentence and draw a picture about each day. Encourage them to sound out their words and spell their common words. Please remind them to use a capital letter, finger spaces and a full stop. To challenge your child they could write 2/3 sentences.
- Write out the letters of the alphabet. Identify the letters your child needs more practise with.
- Talk to your child each day about books they have read.
- Your child may enjoy episodes of Alphablocks on Youtube.
- Read or listen to: a novel/comic/poem/picture book
- Explore World Book Day website: https://www.worldbookday.com/
- Explore BBC Author’s Live website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/rhvg9r/by/date/2020/03
- Explore Puffin website: https://www.worldbookday.com/wbdtv/
- Remember to discuss your reading with a friend or family member and talk about anything you particularly enjoyed! Remember your reading skills: PREDICT, CLARIFY, SUMMARISE AND QUESTION
- Reading games https://www.funbrain.com/
- Phonics skills https://www.starfall.com/h/
- Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss https://www.seussville.com/
- Favourite children’s books read by famous people https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Spelling and reading games https://www.abcya.com/
- Language games https://www.arcademics.com/
- Alphablocks you tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_qs3c0ehDvZkbiEbOj6Drg