Inverkip Nursery Class is committed to delivering on its core business of ‘learning’ and is thrilled with the achievement gains to date. We are committed to building the necessary knowledge and competencies for children to thrive and succeed in learning and life. We have a supportive and active staff, community and partnerships who are open, committed and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that each child is stretched and experiences fulfilment in learning.
Outdoor Play & STEM
We received Education Scotland funding for development of a pilot project involving Kilmacolm/Lady Alice/Inverkip Nurseries to develop Outdoor Learning & STEM.
- Increased nursery staff knowledge, understanding and pedagogy in outdoor play/messy numbers.
- Staff confidence improved in developing woodworking/skills agenda through play.
- Increased collaboration and sharing of good practice across pilot nurseries.
SEAL planning to develop early arithmetical thinking skills
- All nursery staff have attended SEAL training, SEAL planning referred to when planning for block/term and SEAL strategies embedded through daily activities and learning.
- Numerals displayed in different areas of the nursery playroom to encourage identification and number conversations and enquiry. Number songs bags introduced at group time.