Our Charities Committee this year are focusing on the work that Compassionate Inverclyde do. This will help us to look at charity being good deeds and acts of kindness and not only focused on fundraising. We plan to include making cards and collecting items for ‘Welcome Home’ boxes. We will be meeting with the Rights Respecting Schools Committee too to share ideas and plans and hopefully meeting someone from Compassionate Inverclyde.
We hope to organise our annual Ardgowan Estate walk where we can be sponsored for completing the walk. We will take the views of the pupils in the school to nominate possible charities to support.
Our Committee Charter is based on the following Articles from the UNCRC –
- 12 –Respect for the views of the child.
- 3- Best interests of the child.
- 31- Leisure, play and culture.
- 28- Right to education.
- 29 – Goals of education.
In our committee we will endeavour to –
- Hold discussions maturely and to listen to the ideas of others.
- Consider others when making our voices heard.
- Acknowledge everyone has their own skills to contribute.
- Include everyone.
- Use knowledge and experience to achieve goals set within our committee.
- Help to support charities locally, nationally and globally.