Inverkip Primary Parent Group January 2024 Update
We are looking forward to getting back to our fundraising activities after the Christmas break and hope everyone is enjoying using their fundraising calendars. We will have a limited number of Calendars available until the end of January through the school office, just send in the correct money (£6 for 1, £10 for 2) and your child’s name and class if you would still like to purchase one.
This term we will be focussing on organising our Spring Fair, this was a great success last year and so we hope to replicate that this year. We will be sending out more details nearer the time but for now we are working on securing donations for prizes for the stalls and our raffle. We have started approaching some companies, if you know of anyone who would like to support our efforts with a prize donation please let us know at : email@example.com All donations are very gratefully received.
We are thrilled to have received a donation of scooter accessories from Micro Scooters. Renowned for revolutionising the school run, Micro Scooters make getting from A-B quicker, cleaner, greener, healthier, and more fun.
Look out for your chance to win one of these fantastic prizes at our Spring Fair. More details to follow in upcoming school newsletter editions.
Parental Involvement: # Parents as Partners
Our parents are very much valued members of our school community. We value the importance of involving parents/carers in the life of the school and their engagement in their children’s learning. We have an ‘open door’ policy to parents.
We aim to meet with parents who have a concern as soon as possible, and can arrange meetings later in the day to suit working parents. You can also contact the Head Teacher via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will strive to ensure that you are:
- Welcomed and involved in the life of the school
- Fully informed about your child’s education and learning
- Able to support learning at home
- Encouraged to express your views and take part in decision making
- Involved in forums for discussion and debate on educational policy Learning and Teaching
There are a number of ways parents can become more involved with learning and teaching in school:
- Input to school questionnaires
- Feedback following parent evenings / Termly Profiles
- Attendance at Parents Evenings
- Attendance at induction days / curriculum workshops
- Attendance at showcases events
- Attendance at school shows/ events
- Input to class topics v Input to themed days/weeks
Please look at the school and Parentzone website for more information on Parental Engagement.