Our Pupil Council meet regularly throughout the year to talk about things they feel are important to them and would benefit the school.
Currently, children are mostly interested in having a fundraising event to help raise money for both the trim trail and playground games.
They feel that the main thing they need at the moment is additional balls for the scoops etc. as many have gone missing. They would also like to top up some of the games if more money was to become available.
Another playground issue that they felt needed reinforced was the use of the ‘Quiet Area’ – ensuring this is calm and peaceful when others would like some alone time or time to read.
Our Committee Charter is based on the following Articles from the UNCRC:
- 12 Respect the views of the child.
- 3 Best interests of the child.
- 31 Leisure, play and culture.
- 28 Right of Education.
- 29 Goals of education.
In our committee we will endeavour to:
- Hold discussions maturely and to listen to the ideas of others.
- Consider others when making our voices heard.
- Acknowledge everyone has their own skills to contribute.
- Include everyone.
- Use knowledge and experience to achieve goals set within our committee.